Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

How can it be fall already when I made the summer thread only two weeks ago??

Time is but an illusion. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

What on earth?

Usually recolour efforts like this bring the colouring more in line with modern methods and styles. I have no idea what this is supposed to be.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Cartridgeblowers posted:

Hey X-O, How Wonderful - When is BSS getting a Halloween name change? The people are crying out for "Batman's Sweets Stash" or something.

It is in the works!

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

I can't see myself using the Amazon storefront to browse comics since it's so awful, so it might be time for me to open a pull list at the comic shop again.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

site posted:

hey anybody heard from rhyno recently? just occurred to me that he hasn't posted in a month

you still out there dude? doin alright??

He made a post in the car subforum that made it pretty clear that he was going through some rough stuff and hasn't posted since. None of the mods have been able to contact him either. I hope he's doing OK. :(

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Barry Convex posted:

long overdue, hope this effort is successful (thread)

https://twitter.com/cbwupdx/status/1455189356684009476

But Image already has a Union? :confused:

(Just kidding, of course. Glad to hear the news!)

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Nov 1, 2021

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Soonmot posted:

Has anyone had any updates from Rhyno?

This is still the most recent info we have, I'm afraid (unless he has personally contacted someone since):

JordanKai posted:

He made a post in the car subforum that made it pretty clear that he was going through some rough stuff and hasn't posted since. None of the mods have been able to contact him either. I hope he's doing OK. :(

We know he's alive, thankfully. But that's about it.

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Nov 13, 2021

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I just chatted with him briefly on Facebook Messenger. He is definitely going through some serious personal poo poo, but he's okay at the moment, and it sounds like he will be even more okay with time. He told me he's off social media and may or may not return to SA, but I made sure to tell him that people here care about him and have been concerned.

Thank you for posting this. All of my info was second- or third-hand, so I'm glad to hear from someone who has had direct contact with Rhyno. :unsmith:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Stonebot isn't even listed as a publisher on Comixology. Infer from that what you will.

(Though in their defence it seems they are a fairly new company, so maybe they'll get around to it eventually (or maybe they don't even want to (or maybe Comixology doesn't accept new publishers any more since it will be shutting down soon)).)

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Jesus Christ. I hope he gets to make the most of what little time he has left. :smith:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Hello,

Thank you all for the kind words. I have been going through some very difficult and dark times but I believe I am on the correct road to heal and be well. It's very heartwarming to know my absence was noticed and that I was missed.

I'm glad you're hanging in there, king.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

X-O posted:

Hey guys. I’m not going to be around much for a while. My mom passed away earlier tonight. She had a sudden sickness but didn’t suffer long for this specific instance. But she’d been fighting kidney disease for two years plus. She went peacefully with all our immediate family at her bedside. I could not ask for a better passing but I’m still kinda broken right now over the suddenness of it. I’ll be back later.

My condolences. :smith:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

I think this is especially interesting in light of Dark Horse announcing earlier this year that they were planning on entering the video game business. I wonder if this acquisition was already in the works at the time, what with Embracer being in the business of video games first and foremost.

On one hand you hate to see the continued consolidation of media companies into an increasingly smaller group of giant conglomerates, on the other hand the Hellboy video game will probably be pretty cool.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

I've got a video playthrough of the first Hellboy game on my YouTube channel. It's one of the worst games I've ever played and I've played a lot of dogshit.

There's also the second Hellboy game but I haven't tormented myself with that yet.

So much of Dark Horse stuff is licensed or creator owned, I'm guessing that they were acquired as a facilitator. Or maybe someone really wanted to make Barb Wire 2.

The Hellboy movie tie-in is a lot better than the first game, but it's still just a middling licensed beat 'em up. At least it means the games are on an upward trajectory. :buddy:

I do wonder if Dark Horse has any kind of hold on the creator-owned comics they publish. I wouldn't be surprised if they have right of first refusal at the very least, which would still make them valuable as an intermediary for Embracer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

New thread for the new year!