Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Random Stranger posted:

Right neighborhood for my idea, but much, much lower quality.

I looked up the suggestion I made in jest and whoa, absolutely not.

Pastry of the Year fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Sep 29, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

How Wonderful! posted:

go ahead and read every Secret Wars II tie-in

I did this a while back and I actually liked it, for the most part, and I would love to read your reading of it.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

This is probably something for old heads, but the other day I was reading some 90s indie comic and I thought "is this Janice Chiang lettering under another name?" and it wasn't, but that question did lead me to this interview with her, which is good: https://cartoonflophouse.blogspot.com/2012/04/janice-chiang-woman-of-letters.html

spoiler: it turns out a lot of people copied her style, which before reading this I didn't know was a thing but makes total sense.

She was always one of my favorite letterers growing up (I seem to remember Mark Gruenwald having said he liked her because of how many words she could pack into a balloon) and this interview only made me like her all the more. Letterers are often unsung talents, but they truly make or break a reading experience for me.