Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I read Alan Moore's Swamp Thing. It's very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Alhazred posted:

The Pogo story is extremely good.

Oh yeah, I really liked that part. And the one issue where Swamp Thing becomes the father of planets that's a horrifying hosed up nightmare. Comics don't do that enough anymore, have one issue that's just a standalone thing by itself

The Moore run of Swamp Thing also features the best Hawkgirl costume

Gripweed fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Sep 28, 2021

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/aaronmfking/status/1443678395137679363?s=20

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Madkal posted:

Did you manage to make it through the alien digital planet issue? I have reread the run. Few times but could never finish that issue no matter how much I tried.

Oh yeah, I read it easily all the way through on my first try. It was the easiest thing in the world for me.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I really liked the Alan Moore Swamp Thing, so I decided to read more Swamp Thing. I got Swamp Thing: Protector of the Green. Whoo boy did that piss me off.

I had heard that the origin from Moore's Swamp Thing got retconned, it went back to Swamp Thing being Alec Holland, so I was ready for that. But it turned out to be way worse! They didn't retcon it, they just declared it all canonically bad and stupid. The Swamp Thing that was pure vegetable, the one who went to hell to try to save the universe, who unknowingly became the father of living worlds, who saved an alien planet from famine, who became practically a god in his own right, and through it all was guided by his unshakeable love for his wife, that Swamp Thing did exist. But he was a mistake, a stand-in created out of desperation when the real Swamp Thing became unavailable, and then he died and is completely unmourned. Even his wife doesn't care about him anymore because she picked right up on a relationship with the real Swamp Thing, the guy everyone wanted all along, who was prophesized to to become the best Swamp Thing ever.

It sucks!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I'm glad that Superman has a pink-haired boyfriend but my god that is the worst artistic depiction of a kiss I have ever seen

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1447562887854186500?s=20

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Huh, I thought the Dead Girl miniseries established that the members of X-Statix were 100% trapped in hell forever

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Skwirl posted:

Krakoa ressurections somehow bypass the afterlife. That's been established as canon.

I'm satisfied with that.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

God all of this feels so tired. None of the fights over mediocre woke blockbusters have ever been sites of sparkling debate or energetic ideology, but this one just feels like people going through the motions.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Skwirl posted:

How dos it not cost $666 exactly?

They don't want to price gouge people on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Has anyone here ever heard of Stonebot comics? Are they good? Because they just got the Kamen Rider license somehow

https://twitter.com/TokuNation/status/1464797460849590276?s=20