Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Summer is over! The days are getting shorter, if not necessarily cooler! Comics are still coming out! To start this lovely season, chew on this interesting Twitter thread from Colleen Doran about research for comics:

https://twitter.com/ColleenDoran/status/1442162506139586564

(It's long, so click through!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I was going to say I wasn't, but I see the Marvel Unlimited Pirate Kate is up now and I guess I will have a year of MU.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

No Cat Wanda no buys

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Skwirl posted:

Cat Wanda?

Wanda as a cat

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Skwirl posted:

But when was that in the comics? I tried googling both "cat wanda maximoff" and "Cat Avengers" and I just get fan art.

When did I say it was in the comics?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sorry I was making a play on Cat Loki. I'm sorry if I came off defensive

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Also second sorry: Cat Thor.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sentinel Red posted:

It was a real thing, early fighter plane guns were synced with the propeller so they’d not hit the blades somehow.

Synchronization gear

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's *going away*. It's not *gone* and they haven't given a specific date when the changeover will happen last I checked.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Note that this doesn't include creators as the only ones who work for Image are in management.

(Still good though!)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's wild that Marko from Saga is in Taco Bell commercials

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

IUG posted:

Well, it's not like he's doing much now in the comic.

I don't warch TV with ads, is it really him, or just a coincidence?

It's two cosplayers of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

X-O posted:

Hey guys. I’m not going to be around much for a while. My mom passed away earlier tonight. She had a sudden sickness but didn’t suffer long for this specific instance. But she’d been fighting kidney disease for two years plus. She went peacefully with all our immediate family at her bedside. I could not ask for a better passing but I’m still kinda broken right now over the suddenness of it. I’ll be back later.

My condolences to you and your family. Sorry to hear.