Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
My brother produces music mashups as a hobby, and after I brought to his attention the fact that Whitney Houston's "I'm Your Baby Tonight" sounds a lot like the '90s X-Men catoon theme, he dashed off this brilliant mashup of the two:

https://soundcloud.com/lwbuilder/youre-giving-me-x-tasy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

How Wonderful! posted:

This is outrageously good.

Thank you! He has a whole page of mashups. Some are better than others, but he always comes up with interesting themes and connections between songs that nobody else would ever think of.

https://soundcloud.com/lwbuilder

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Soonmot posted:

Has anyone had any updates from Rhyno?

JordanKai posted:

This is still the most recent info we have, I'm afraid (unless he has personally contacted someone since):

We know he's alive, thankfully. But that's about it.

I just chatted with him briefly on Facebook Messenger. He is definitely going through some serious personal poo poo, but he's okay at the moment, and it sounds like he will be even more okay with time. He told me he's off social media and may or may not return to SA, but I made sure to tell him that people here care about him and have been concerned.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

X-O posted:

Hey guys. I’m not going to be around much for a while. My mom passed away earlier tonight. She had a sudden sickness but didn’t suffer long for this specific instance. But she’d been fighting kidney disease for two years plus. She went peacefully with all our immediate family at her bedside. I could not ask for a better passing but I’m still kinda broken right now over the suddenness of it. I’ll be back later.

X-O, my deepest condolences to you and your family. I remember some of the heavy poo poo you said you were dealing with even before this, and I'm so sorry you're carrying such a load right now. I'm hoping for the best for you.