Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
So, a little while ago I put my big Onslaught read on hold, in large part because I was having enough fun with it that I decided to loop back all the way and read every single mutant and mutant-adjacent comic put out by Marvel since 1963. It has taken me this far to get to 1985, right on the doorstep of Secret Wars II, and I've made the potentially misguided decision to just go ahead and read every Secret Wars II tie-in, if nothing else as a way to get a taste for everything else going on in Marvel outside of the stuff I'm following.

It is actually a much more contained crossover than I'm imagined, coming in at a prim and petite 41 issues, which is perhaps actually kind of way too much Beyonder, but feels kind of manageable. Would people be interested in a thread about this? I imagine that Secret Wars II is one of those things that is thought about and gossiped about more than it is actually read, and I reckon that a lot of people know very little about it other than that it's supposed to suck and that Spider-Man teaches the Beyonder how to poop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

Do you want to clarify what you're talking about because as it stands you seem to be growing slightly defensive about an idea that appears to maybe just exist in your head?

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

oh no worries, I think I just misread the joke. apologies!

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I'm somewhat confused, I have Comixology open right now and it looks like I'm able to buy things from it?

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

My brother produces music mashups as a hobby, and after I brought to his attention the fact that Whitney Houston's "I'm Your Baby Tonight" sounds a lot like the '90s X-Men catoon theme, he dashed off this brilliant mashup of the two:

https://soundcloud.com/lwbuilder/youre-giving-me-x-tasy

This is outrageously good.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

Thanks for checking in, Rhyno-- I'm really happy to hear that you're taking care of yourself and doing what you need to do to feel well. BSS hasn't been the same without you.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

X-O, I'm so sorry for your loss. Please take all the time you need to look after yourself and your loved ones. I know how debilitating and devastating this kind of grief can be and how much tending and care it requires before things start to feel normal and real again, and I truly hope that you can find time and space for that care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

Thank you! I was unfortunately unable to visit my family this year due to really nasty NE weather and some worries about my dad's health, but I got to video chat with my parents and my brother and his wife today, and have a brief but pleasant visit with my wife's family and our baby niece.