Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peter Daou Zen
Apr 6, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Every famous musician probably has done some things you don't want to think about.

Some react very poorly when accused(Maynard!) and some react with ????? like Moby who straight up disappeared in a weird sort of penance after saying he went on a date with Natalie Portman but she said clearly we were just friends and this isn't cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

About 10ish years ago me and some friends attended this multi-act 90s R&B concert headlined by R. Kelly (I know Jon B. was one of them, drawing a blank what the others were at the moment). When it was time for R. Kelly's set, the host (a local radio DJ) came up to the mike looking a little nervous, told the crowd it was time for the headliner and what a treat we have for you and how dope this headlining act was for being able to come in on such short notice... K-Ci & Jojo!

The crowd made the most hilarious cacophony of simultaneous disappointment and people trying to be good sports, and while most of the audience stayed, there was this mass exodus of disgusted R&B fans filing out and the lines to the exits were still visible well into K-Ci & Jojo's show. Apparently R. Kelly had a history of just no-showing to concerts. Thank god he's in prison!

Hey now, K-Ci & JoJo had a couple of great songs. Takes me right back to my senior year when “All My Life” plays somewhere.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
The thread title is actually good OP

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Dapper_Swindler posted:

that feels like a really dumb move on her part. they ran the most insane and tone deaf defense

https://twitter.com/SpencerKarter/status/1442607481377615874
https://twitter.com/SpencerKarter/status/1442607797712015361

lol.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

This is definitely the face of a dude who self identifies as an "ephebophile"

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
I don’t see nothing wrooooong, with a little prison time.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
R Kelly going around pissin on kids for 20-plus years and only convicted eventually because he made the mistake of only being rich instead of rich and white. Cool country, good job.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

R. Smelly.

got his rear end

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

hawowanlawow posted:

what about three six

completely innocent. recently awarded a presidential medal of freedom by biden.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Why is he cosplaying as a tavernkeep?

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
I believe I can fly (into a jail cell) :xd:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
So we've all seen cosby, kelly, the living and posthumous MJ, but I gotta ask, where all the white entertainers at? I mean surely at this point we'd have convicted dozens and dozens of high profile white singers, comedians, athletes and it'd be a household story everywhere but off the top of my head I can only really think of louis ck and the house of cards guy, neither of which faced anything criminal.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

He accentuates his chins like a bullfrog attracting mates.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I believe I can file (for appeal)
I believe I can touch this guy (for a meal)

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

ArbitraryC posted:

So we've all seen cosby, kelly, the living and posthumous MJ, but I gotta ask, where all the white entertainers at? I mean surely at this point we'd have convicted dozens and dozens of high profile white singers, comedians, athletes and it'd be a household story everywhere but off the top of my head I can only really think of louis ck and the house of cards guy, neither of which faced anything criminal.

Well first they're white also money and Epstein didn't kill himself hth

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Creating a chin by using your collar as a neck girdle is advanced gentlemanlyness

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

ArbitraryC posted:

I get your point but you can't pretend to have forgotten Weinstein

Kevin Spacey also faced multiple criminal charges but weirdly his accuser was found dead

Anne Whateley fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Sep 28, 2021

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

this guy is cool

Payment Day
May 12, 2018

by Hand Knit
Well this is obviously bullshit but maybe he will reply to my letters now

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Szyznyk posted:

This, Mystikal being a rapist, and DMX fighting dogs really makes high school era R&B a real downer.

Did dmx win?

Gutcruncher posted:

Only dirtbags get good lawyers?

Yes, because only rich people can afford good lawyers in America.

AHH F/UGH posted:

Is creating a harem such a crime?!!?

Cartoon Man posted:

Yes with 13-14 year olds.

Meme Poker Party posted:

Anime lovers inconsolable.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Do not twist my words. I would never imply anime = pedo.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Because anime is good.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Meme Poker Party posted:

anime is blood.

:hmmyes:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
Finally Justice for piss soaked children

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

runnypoops posted:

Finally Justice for piss soaked children

the piss soaked children have been tried as piss soaked adults and are also going to federal prison

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
im glad of it

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Anne Whateley posted:

I get your point but you can't pretend to have forgotten Weinstein

Kevin Spacey also faced multiple criminal charges but weirdly his accuser was found dead

accusers plural. and then a few other people who crossed him.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Kevin spacey rules

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Spacy is a loving legend for employing the “im gay lol” defense

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Das Boo posted:

He accentuates his chins like a bullfrog attracting mates.

I can assure you the bullfrogs are much more successful.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Gutcruncher posted:

Spacy is a loving legend for employing the “im gay lol” defense

It was like Blazing Saddles when Clevon Little puts the gun to his own head and takes himself hostage to escape

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Peter Daou Zen posted:

Moby who straight up disappeared in a weird sort of penance after saying he went on a date with Natalie Portman but she said clearly we were just friends and this isn't cool.

it was a bit creepier than that

the guardian posted:

In the book, the musician, now 53, claims the pair dated when he was 33 and Portman was 20, after she met him backstage in Austin, Texas. He recounts going to parties in New York with her, and to see her at Harvard University, “kissing under the centuries-old oak trees. At midnight she brought me to her dorm room and we lay down next to each other on her small bed. After she fell asleep I carefully extracted myself from her arms and took a taxi back to my hotel.”

Portman disputes Moby’s account. “I was surprised to hear that he characterised the very short time that I knew him as dating because my recollection is a much older man being creepy with me when I just had graduated high school,” she told Harper’s Bazaar. “He said I was 20; I definitely wasn’t. I was a teenager. I had just turned 18. There was no fact-checking from him or his publisher – it almost feels deliberate.” The book has their first meeting dated as early September 1999, which would have made Portman – who was born in June 1981 – 18.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/may/22/natalie-portman-criticises-moby-friendship-dating-memoir

iirc there was some similar poo poo with him and Lana Del Rey, in the same book

not R. Kelly level disgusting obviously but dude is definitely a creeper

DICKLORD BONE
Aug 27, 2003
The remix to ignition
Headin' straight into prison

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Earwicker posted:

it was a bit creepier than that

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/may/22/natalie-portman-criticises-moby-friendship-dating-memoir

iirc there was some similar poo poo with him and Lana Del Rey, in the same book

not R. Kelly level disgusting obviously but dude is definitely a creeper

why am I not surprised this guy

is actually a creeper

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
When the judge first told Mr Kelly he'd be doing 15 years he seemed quite happy. It wasn't until his lawyer learned over to explain that the judge meant "in prison" that the smile faded.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Smugworth posted:

why am I not surprised this guy

is actually a creeper

I'm pretty surprised his neck can support his head

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Funky See Funky Do posted:

When the judge first told Mr Kelly he'd be doing 15 years he seemed quite happy. It wasn't until his lawyer learned over to explain that the judge meant "in prison" that the smile faded.

lol

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Mr Kelly how do you plead?

All over 15 year old girls. poo poo, you ain't seen the video? Here I've got it on my phone.

No Mr Kelly, plead. How do you plead to the charges?

Oh. Uh. Not guilty, your honour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

when the 70s had cell phones