Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Peter Daou Zen posted:

Moby who straight up disappeared in a weird sort of penance after saying he went on a date with Natalie Portman but she said clearly we were just friends and this isn't cool.

it was a bit creepier than that

the guardian posted:

In the book, the musician, now 53, claims the pair dated when he was 33 and Portman was 20, after she met him backstage in Austin, Texas. He recounts going to parties in New York with her, and to see her at Harvard University, “kissing under the centuries-old oak trees. At midnight she brought me to her dorm room and we lay down next to each other on her small bed. After she fell asleep I carefully extracted myself from her arms and took a taxi back to my hotel.”

Portman disputes Moby’s account. “I was surprised to hear that he characterised the very short time that I knew him as dating because my recollection is a much older man being creepy with me when I just had graduated high school,” she told Harper’s Bazaar. “He said I was 20; I definitely wasn’t. I was a teenager. I had just turned 18. There was no fact-checking from him or his publisher – it almost feels deliberate.” The book has their first meeting dated as early September 1999, which would have made Portman – who was born in June 1981 – 18.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/may/22/natalie-portman-criticises-moby-friendship-dating-memoir

iirc there was some similar poo poo with him and Lana Del Rey, in the same book

not R. Kelly level disgusting obviously but dude is definitely a creeper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU