Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Tbh I don’t really rank magic super highly in general in Conquest, maybe it’s just me but since you’re fighting less “stock” enemy types than usual you end up not really fiending for magic for its specific niche. It definitely doesn’t really help that Revelation Hayato and Leo are like, the only good mages in Fates without any qualifiers like “low level, bad speed, weird growths, being Nyx” but yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Cythereal posted:

I seriously do not get Fates' choices of what Awakening characters to bring back. I found a list of them and my mental reaction was "rear end in a top hat, rear end in a top hat, amusing but one note, nonentity, rear end in a top hat..."

They picked all the popular ones besides Lucina OP, idk what’s there to get even if you don’t like them. and there’s even unused data to suggest they were gonna put her in but didn’t want another swordie. Which means they were just cowards who didn’t want to have axe Lucina in the game.

Edit:

golden bubble posted:

What list? It's literally three characters from Awakening, and we've already seen one of them.

There’s also the legally distinct child units that are reincarnations of some, so six total.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Cythereal posted:

I've never played Fates (if it ever gets ported to the Switch I might), but Conquest seems particularly ill-suited to children characters and late arrivals, given how limited your time is to raise people and even to make sure you get the requisite supports to produce the children characters.

Eh, the kids work a lot better than Awakening’s in that regard, the kids scale up to your story progress and come with an item that’s basically a unique promotion + levelup seal if they hit 20. Like, the kids are obviously a slapdash addition in some spots in that you can definitely make “bad” kids in a way you couldn’t in Awakening cause the growths are different but they actually work much better as instant roster fillers and probably better for that purpose the longer you play since even your own units don’t get guaranteed weapon ranks from promoting which kids do.

You won’t get every kid without a deliberate effort or spotpass grinding (you can’t level up in them but you still get support ranks) but from a purely mechanical standpoint they’re probably better implemented in the campaign than Awakening.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Lunge seems like a skill that's specifically designed to gently caress the player over and never be useful when the player uses them.

Eh, Conquest loves mean setups like having Lunge guys set up to ruin your day with chain grabs but it’s pretty good as a tool for that same purpose when you want to grab someone out from a wall or obstacles cause after all it is the command of a flying tanky class by default.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I definitely did the Grisly Wound coward strat because gently caress that noise even on Hard tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

ApplesandOranges posted:

The problem with that is that outside of reclassing or going certain promotions the Throwing Club is pretty much just for Rinkah, who's... iffy. Hana and Hinata can eventually use both, but since Hana is pretty terrible, that's Hinata or bust.

And that's of course ignoring that Ryoma exists.

BR pretty much expects you to go ninja for all your range needs, hence why you get three of them (at least, if you remember to A Support Kaze), and then another as a kid.

This is some fierce Scarlet erasure, she falls off to merely being “pretty good” once you start fight all promoted squads of enemies with silver weapons but before that you can just throw her at hordes of mobs without bows/magic with a throwing club and just laugh as she sets up kills for everyone.