Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face
Puissance (pwee sonse) is french for POWER

P O W E R

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

Odin sucks.

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

The starting levels in all 3 fates games are wildly inconsistent and frequently horrid.

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

Odin is great as a character so it is a real shame that he sucks so bad as a unit. Your pros amounted to "has access to a broken spell" and "gives you Ophelia". Which, being good because using him gets you someone gooder is lol.

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

You smell like a goat!

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

Keldulas posted:

Still remember her most common combat bark. "Look me in the eyes!".

Her laugh still haunts my dreams.

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I'm really confused by your child pairings. Are you just not planning on using any kids? it's weird that you wasted Elise on Percy, and why pair Silas and Corrin if they aren't good?

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

Hunt11 posted:

On one hand it is good that everything about Fates world gets forgotten but on the other hand how does that fit in with anything else about the games Fates supposedly predates?

It doesn't but it really doesn't matter. Each game takes place on a different landmass and all have happened before Awakening. So far in the past that they're all legends.

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

13 Magic at level 17. Still remaining hopeful you'll change my mind on Odin.

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

That was all Nosferatu being super good!

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

Infinity Gaia posted:

For all the things people like to bring out to complain about this game's localization, the only one I ever found actually egregiously bad was that one support convo between Saizo and Beruka which got replaced by the "joke" of them spamming "..." at each other.

I disagree. That support rules. Also the conversation it replaces is just a boring cliche'd conversation about assassins and their feelings.

The worst line is when Leo tells Elise to "act like the adult you technically are".

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

Charlotte rules, but in personality and in battle. Charlotte is bae.

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

midnight lasagna posted:

In fact, stats gained upon level up are determined the moment a unit joins your party in lunatic mode, which means all my previous levels were the same. Units who join during a chapter can reroll the levels they earn there if you restart, but once the chapter ends they'll all be fixed from then on! This is meant to stop you from savescumming good levels.

I just want to make sure I'm understanding correctly. Are you saying that ALL level ups FOREVER are determined when they first join you, or that at the start of each chapter all their potential level ups are calculated? Because if a unit's entire future viability is determined before you even get a chance to use them, then, well. That sucks rear end. Also, if that is the case, how does it work when you change class?

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

Wasn't there a game that did like a fixed level up mode? One of the Tellius games I think?

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

Hi I just want to say I was compelled to play Fates again after reading this LP and my Mozu just got 1 shotted by a general with a spear and a 3% hit chance. I think I've made a mistake playing this game.

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

midnight lasagna posted:

Yep that's Fire Emblem (TM). Never, ever trust any crit rate lower than 0%. 1% chances do unfortunately still happen 1% of the time.

No, it was a HIT chance, not a CRIT. I know this game uses some weird 1.5 number system but wouldn't that still be actually less than the 3% it displayed?

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

In my many attempts of this level way back in the day I learned Nina's route changes if you manage to block her exit. That's probably why she went right instead of left.

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

Leo doesn't seem THAT bad. He's slower than Ophelia but with his actual ok strength and resistance couldn't he be a high mobility mage killer?

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

Does an enemy Oboro's personal skill activate against you or does her +4 damage to Nohrians only work when she's under your control?

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I am doing Midori's map as we speak and I can 100% confirm that Candace will take the dragon vein shortcuts. She turned around to take one instead of going around a corner. Also, she will attack you if you block her path (she doesn't have pass). I blocked her off and she decided to shoot at Xander and promptly ended the map halfway through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I've never really paired the kid units up so whenever I played Odin DID go home with Ophelia too. When I played Awakening I always made Owain's dad Henry. Henry, Owain, Orochi AND Ophelia. Poor Lissa.