Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Excited to see this play out. I always enjoy "high level" FE Play like this; Conquest in particular I've seen several gimmick runs on Lunatic. Regardless of the problems with the game it's definitely offers some interesting mechanics.

Also

I think this is prrrrobably meant to be foreshadowing to Corrin going feral in the next chapter or so. Can't control the power thanks to all the Emotions and so on.

Also possible that at some point in the game's various rewrites and writer hot potato it was meant ot be a bigger plot point but just got scrapped, but I think the Feral Corn is probably more likely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Ah yes Yukimura, who so far as Conquest is concerned is the true 4th Royal of Hoshido

I played Birthright first and my friend played Conquest first and he was baffled when I told him that Yukimura basically didn't exist on my route and you just get him at the tail end of the game through the My Castle management.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Faillen Angel posted:

I'm of the opinion that Fates is largely Good, Actually, but Revelation (singular) is a waste of 20 dollars. The story is so :allears:, I can't help but love it, and the OST is legendary.

Maybe it's because I'm a Heroes player and one of like three people who bought Warriors, where these characters are put to much better use. Did you know Ryoma could cook? Or that Elise sasses Takumi for his constant use of "nohrian scum"? They're so fun to be around.

The moment you divorce them from the plot & writing of Fates they're so much better. A lot easier to like them when they have less, more focused dialog and also let them be extremely goofy.
Xander's one of my most despised FE characters but they have fun with him in Heroes by just constantly clowning on him and it's very endearing.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Seems like Effie's crazy growths are purposely meant to offset all the Knight's issues.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

They held a popularity poll to determine who got the Beach & Kimono CGs for awakening's dlc
Chrom, Gaius, Tharja, Cordelia for the beach/gen 1
Lucina, Severa, Owain, Inigo for the hot springs/gen 2

not a coincidence that, the 2 lords aside, the 6 awakening cameos were who they were

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I noticed that enemy Lloyd & Llewyn have S Rank axes.

Do those carry over if you capture them, or do they reset to some lower base? I caputred a lto of boss enemies for...well collection purposes really, but never paid much attention to their ranks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

This was a fun LP, it's really crazy how wild Lunatic gets.

I didn't have too much problems with this on Hard (though I of course had WAY more stress than necessary because it was a consecutive map and i wasnt on casual) but Lunatic may as well be a different game, geeze.