Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Thing is we made the right choice as it means we side with Elise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Anyone that can get you Ophelia is a good unit.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
That does make sense considering what has been shown so far in regards to pairings. Elise and Odin do not get much from being paired up but it does lead to their kid being an amazing magic unit.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

A Bystander posted:

So what is up with these characters from the previous entry showing up here? Does that only get addressed in supports, or does it ever become relevant to the plot (for whatever that's worth)?

It is answered in the dlc.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Walla posted:

Another DLC tells us that Nohr and Hoshido are the mythic past of the world of Awakening.

On one hand it is good that everything about Fates world gets forgotten but on the other hand how does that fit in with anything else about the games Fates supposedly predates?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Cythereal posted:

Calm down. I wasn't debating Edelgard's morality. I was just noting that IntSys described it in an interview, after release, as an evil route. And I also noted that many fans disagree.

That is the first I have ever heard of it being referred as such.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The biggest issue with Kana is that they will end up being compared to Morgan from Awakening who is either a bit of a dork or a whirlwind of chaos and thus more interesting then generic young kid.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The issue with witch is that unless you buy the dlc you are only ever going to have one and the game provides such a perfect witch recipient it would be almost criminal not to give it to her.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So has the quest for the chair officially begun or do we have to wait until the next chapter?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Another bonus of pairing up Xander with Charlotte is that it ends up with her being queen of Nohr.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
gently caress everything about this map. I still remember dying to the boss and it was very tempting to just scream in frustration.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

midnight lasagna posted:

Huh, seems like I was wrong then. Looking at Serenes Forest it seems like second gen units work just like first gen ones. Maybe I was thinking of Awakening?

Awakening is the exact same outside of the post game units who only pair up with Robin.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

midnight lasagna posted:

This could be a tragic and emotional moment were it not established multiple times before that we can bash an entire army with deadly weapons in the heat of battle and not actually kill them. Instead it just looks like Azura really hates foxes.

After this map I would agree with her as I would be quite happy to track down the actual village and put them all to the sword because gently caress those rear end in a top hat foxes.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I think I am going to blame you for getting me to want to mess around with Fates again.

Edit: Like I literally searched in my room to find both my 3ds and conquest cartridge so that I can do this.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
They already had the baby realms so some more magic to make it all work out would have been just fine.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ApplesandOranges posted:

And thus, Candace's reign of terror was never ended, and she would go on to decimate both Hoshido and Nohr in the distant future, setting up her empire of Candaceland.

You monster.

That sounds like a better true ending then the one the game actually provided.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Changing it to casual at the very end is the true secret to handling those last two chapters. That allows you to make a save state during the start of the next chapter and allow you to actually progress without screaming in pure rage every time some bullshit fucks you over more then the usual amount. Also those fuckers marching through the center are bad enough to deal with on Hard so of course they made them so much worse in Lunatic.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
If you remove the hell maids then this would be an okay map. Instead it is just complete bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Quackles posted:

That was cool!

It’d be interesting if some future Fire Emblem game were to add an Ironman mode (no take-backs on that save file if a unit dies).

Not on Lunatic, though, hopefully.

Not really as it is effectively already in the game and the push for the turnwheel system means that they will be moving in a very different direction.