Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonstrousMouse
Apr 15, 2014
I played all 3 routes when the game came out, in a row, and I was absolutely sick of it by the end. I came back to Conquest last year, skipping all the cutscenes this time, and suddenly it was a lot better! It might honestly be the most fun FE from a purely gameplay perspective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonstrousMouse
Apr 15, 2014

Cythereal posted:

Conquest seems to have access to enough wyverns that I'm not sure spending a seal on making Xander into another makes sense, from my view where I'm at with the game so far.

You can never have too many wyverns.

In all seriousness, as Wallet Inspector mentions, Wyvern Xander is great for those three chapters, after which he can get back to using swords. If you have the DLC, after those chapters is a fantastic time to turn him into a Lodestar and fix those speed issues for good.

MonstrousMouse
Apr 15, 2014
I used Dwyer once - in a run where I made Corrin's talent ninja, rushed to marry her to Jakob, Partner Sealed him to Mechanist, and got two early kids with Replicate. Dwyer is a lot better when he's two staffbots at once.

MonstrousMouse
Apr 15, 2014

FoolyCharged posted:

This is the only game in the series where I accepted beating a game with a dead guy. RIP Arthur and your "fists of justice" forged killer axe: I could have saved you, but S rank staves were locked to butler for God knows what reason.

Same here. I used a strategy of "push forward a bit, then rescue skip," like midnight lasagna, and Xander managed to eat a bunch of debuffs and draw a bunch of enemies away from blocking the rescue chain path before dying. After carrying most of the run, the most useful thing Xander could do was perish.

Congrats on your clean finish of this hell map, midnight lasagna! It was great seeing the kinds of complicated strategies Conquest Lunatic demands, not just in the map but in unit building.