Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
I feel like stat-up items in FE are more meaningful and less elixir-brain prone, at least for me. I always use them to shore up stats I've had bad luck with on characters that need them in order to salvage a character that would otherwise need to be dumpstered due to too many bad levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

midnight lasagna posted:

My contribution to the Awakening discussion is that I am weirdly fond of the Awakening kids that migrated to this game even if I think it's weird that they're there. The Birthright clones on the other hand I really don't like, with the possible exception of Caeldori since I think she plays really well off of her father. The other two are just wastes of good potential parent-child dynamics. In a better world Hayato would have an Oni Savage son who's like 7 foot tall and muscled as hell for the sole purpose of making him feel inadequate.

One of the only good things to come out of Revelation is giving the incredibly cruel option of having Severa/Selena end up Caeldori's mom.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

midnight lasagna posted:

I like Charlotte and she's fun but her poor bases make her feel frustrating to use, and she's quite a late joiner too. It doesn't help that her join chapter saddles her with a Steel Axe she can't hit anything with and Gamble to make her accuracy even worse. I think if they made her join 3 levels higher and bumped her stats up to match I'd like her a lot more.

Dump all those performance enhancing drugs you've been pointlessly hoarding on her. Charlotte would absolutely use them without a second thought.

midnight lasagna posted:

It could be over if Corrin just walked those weird dragony hooves a couple of feet forward and stepped on his neck. Go on, do it! You're evil now.

They're actually curled up hands with like... fingers. The design is awful and creepy and I hate it so much.

Obligatum VII fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Oct 9, 2021

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

midnight lasagna posted:

God Ryoma is absolutely the world's worst father. Shiro deserves a cooler dad!

It's funny that Takumi is actually an ok dad... you know, relative to the fact that all the parents in Fates are garbage for dumping their kids in the deeprealms. At least Takumi is supportive of his goober child.

midnight lasagna posted:

You'd think I couldn't complain about this, but even 1 extra point of bulk would really help right about now.

You *do* have that dracoshield from the last map... Silas has been such a trooper, he has probably earned it.

midnight lasagna posted:

How did this even happen? That's her worst growth! This place is cursed.

How do you think those stat inverted enemies in the Hoshido path got the way they were, huh?

Obligatum VII fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Oct 11, 2021

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

midnight lasagna posted:

Keaton gets a cool level to sweeten my undeserved victory. Maybe he'll be a member of my team, maybe he won't. I think I want to marry him to Camilla, but I also want Kaze to marry her just so I can get his paralogue...

Clearly you should marry him to Charlotte and turn his child into a complete wrecking ball.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Obligatum VII posted:

Clearly you should marry him to Charlotte and turn his child into a complete wrecking ball.

Alternate answer: marry Kaze and Charlotte and get a murderbeast Midori, which would be pretty funny (even though you probably don't plan to use the kids, it's at least funny conceptually and Kaze would certainly get value out of charlotte as a stat backpack).

Edit: Oops, quote is not edit, etc.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

midnight lasagna posted:

I would be fully on board with that if I had the room in my deployment slots. Unfortunately me wanting to use every single royal has left things pretty crowded... I'm not fully convinced I've got enough room for Leo and Xander tbh.

I mean, you don't have to use any of them long term and you DID want to unlock the paralogue. Having a very powerful (potentially) Midori is just kind of a funny joke to go with that. I guess getting their support up in a reasonable time frame could be tricky though.

I feel like Fates didn't give enough deployment slots for the number of characters it provided, particularly since they actually did a good job making them pretty distinct, whereas older FEs had a lot of mostly interchangeable people.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

midnight lasagna posted:

Now he and Peri are married. You know, this support would be extremely sweet if Peri were not... well, Peri. Maybe if they took away the whole "unrepentant murderer" thing from her personality she'd actually be a fun character? Xander states in his supports that the reason he's got such weird retainers is that he's had retainers die on him before, so he values martial prowess over professionalism. This support paints Peri as genuinely good at her job but unable to be taken seriously by others because she's so childish and poorly spoken... Without the whole "murderer" elephant in the room it's a great support that makes you feel sorry for Peri and makes you appreciate Xander more. Anyway the important part is that now Peri can be a Wyvern Lord and Xander's free to support with Laslow. Oh and I also unlocked the world's worst paralogue that I suppose I'll have to suffer through at some point.

Peri definitely would have been better if she was just entirely too enthused about fighting and not literally just murdering random people for fun.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

I appreciate your forged weapon names.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

midnight lasagna posted:

The enemies are strong enough now that Nosferatu Leo would likely get doubled and killed. A shame, I was looking forward to using him. He is definitely still good filler though, Brynhildr hits hard and Heartseeker is nice if nothing else.

You DO have that speed wing... and another one you could buy if you were really determined to fix up the terrible Leo speed situation.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Poor Keaton, not even getting his kid's paralogue in this run.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

midnight lasagna posted:

No unit stats because they've barely changed from last time. Have my analyses of Percy instead. Just one more of these to write and then I'm freeeeee

Write one for Benny and Keaton's kids even though you didn't unlock them, coward.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Lunge Stoneborn... Honestly, I'm surprised they didn't abuse that one a bit more, or somehow making lunge work with siege weaponry.

Edit: All this does remind me how terminally uncreative Madness was for Three Houses. Ugh, what a letdown that was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

I think the general *idea* is fine. They just threw way too many staff users in there to be reasonable and overlapped their ranges too much.