Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malah
May 18, 2015

Forrest rules.

I've heard horror stories about Inevitable End, so I'm looking forward to finally seeing it in action. Thanks for your suffering! :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malah
May 18, 2015

Alright, I cackled at the spy weapons. That's just mean.

This seems like a good time to burn some Entrap charges.

Malah
May 18, 2015

What could be so bad about the next map? We've already seen drat near every bit of sadism the devs could wring out of ...

midnight lasagna posted:

enemies with both Staff Savant and Inevitable End
Oh.

:byodood:

Malah
May 18, 2015

Impressive strategy! Well done showing off this hellscape!

This map looks like just utter bullshit, wow. The bones of an interesting challenge map are present with nu-Takumi's positioning/timing AOE mechanic, but there just don't seem to be enough tools available to circumvent the forced time limit other than rescue shenanigans. Already putting more thought into making this map fun than the devs seemed to ...

Loosen the time limit by having the faceless blowing up the terrain rather than the walls melting after Takumi's blasts;
Let the player utilize the extra time by actually disarming the debuff death zones via freeze/silence/entrap instead of having to skip through;
Build in a way to blitz through the map by springing entraps in side areas rather than being forced to sit on rescue charges the entire game;
If we're going to be forced through debuff hell anyway, then make it viable (IE on every debuffer is just tedium) or reversible (does reviving with Bifrost undo debuffs? this game needs a Restore staff :wtc:)

But, whatever, Fates design is what it is. Thanks for the LP :)