Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

FINAL GIRL CONTEST

1. Daughters of Darkness (1971)
2. Phase IV (1974)
3. Basket Case (1982)
4. Next of Kin (1982)
5. Demons (1985)
6. The Legend of Hell House (1973)
7. Dark Web Descent into Hell - BINGO: fear dot com-Watch a film that predominantly explores fears about technology or the internet
8. VHS 94 - BINGO: Tales of Terror-Watch an anthology film.
9. Seed of Chucky
10. Curse of Chucky
11. Cult of Chucky - BINGO: Scream, Queen!-Watch a horror film by a LGBQT+ director
12. House on Haunted Hill - BINGO: Hausu-Watch a haunted house film.
13. Dead & Buried - BINGO: Dead & Buried-Watch the film Dead & Buried. (Only counts if you've never seen the film before.)
14. Häxan - BINGO: Salomé-Watch a silent film that is over 60 minutes long.
15. Shorts - BINGO: Short Cuts (Doña Lupe - 33 mins + Murderabilia - 28 mins)
16. Titane - BINGO: Femme Fatale-Watch a horror film directed by a woman.
17. TerrorVision - BINGO: As Seen On TV-Watch a film where TV is personified as evil.
18. Late Phases - BINGO: Full Moon-Watch a werewolf film
19. Slugs - BINGO: Holiday Massacre-Watch a film set on a holiday
20. The Love Witch - BINGO: Something Wicked This Way Comes-Watch a film predominately about witches and witchcraft
21. Actress Wanted - BINGO: Rùng Rợn-Watch a Vietnamese Horror Film
22. The Djinn - BINGO: It's Only A Myth-Watch a film that uses myths, cryptids, folk-tales, or legends.
23. Repo Man - BINGO: Punk Vacation-Watch a film that heavily features punks.
24. The Pit and the Pendulum - BINGO: Tales of the Grotesque-Watch a film adapted from an Edgar Allen Poe story or poem.
25. Tumbbad - BINGO: डरावनी-Watch an Indian horror film.
26. Friday 13th pt5 - BINGO: Video Games Cause Violence-Watch a film that has had a video game adaptation.
27. The Transfiguration - BINGO: Don't Torture A Duckling-Watch a film that features killer children.
28. The Ninth Configuration - BINGO: Asylum-Watch a film that takes place or heavily features an insane asylum
29. My Friend Dahmer - BINGO: Based On The Novel-Watch a film adaptation of a novel or short story
30. Body Parts - BINGO: Starring Brad Dourif-Watch a film that features Brad Dourif. It can't be a Chucky movie.
31. Horror Noire - BINGO: Horror Noire-Watch a documentary about Black Cinema.
32. Boar - BINGO: Wild Beasts-Watch a film that features killer animals.
33. Halloween Kills - BINGO: They Always Come Back-Watch a remake, reboot, sequel or a prequel to a film.
34. Censor - BINGO: Video Nasty-Watch a film about Video Nasties
35. Big Bad Wolves - BINGO: A Perfect Getaway-Watch a film from a country you've never seen a film from (Israel)
36. The Day of the Triffids - BINGO: Don't Feed The Plants-Watch a film featuring killer plants.
37. The Serpent and the Rainbow - BINGO: Masters of Horror-Pick an objective Master of Horror. Watch a film of theirs you've never seen.
38. Smoke and Mirrors: The Story of Tom Savini - BINGO: Behind the Screams-Watch a film about filmmaking
39. Cult - BINGO: [REC]-Watch a found footage film.
40. The Hills Have Eyes - BINGO: To Serve Man-Watch a film that predominantly features cannibalism
41. Sputnik - BINGO: Spaced Invaders-Watch a film about extraterrestrial life.
42. Demons 2 - BINGO: The Devil Made Me Do It-Watch a film that features the Devil, or Satan, or demons.
43. Ravenous - BINGO: Picnic At Hanging Rock-Watch a period piece film.
44. The Fury - BINGO: Origin of Evil-Watch a film from your birth year.

I completed my personal challenge of 31 new-to-me films and also hit every square on the bingo card

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Apologies for the slight delay on this, but I was very tired last night.

FINAL GIRL CONTEST

18 people entered the draw for the $20 code from Van Ryder Games. With the aid of a hastily constructed Excel spreadsheet and random.org a drawing was made, and the winner is...

<pause for dramatic effect>

......Kazzah......

If they can drop me a PM ASAP, I'll give them their prize.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Congrats!

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Aw sick, I never win these things!

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Just an update, I've been very busy these two weeks, and I've been working on my spreadsheet in the meantime. I hope to announce stuff tomorrow or Sunday.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Final girl contest?!

And here's my wrap up, a little overdue:

One spooky bingo!

And my thirty-one:
Dawn of the Dead 2004
Final Destination 1, 2, 3, 5
Slithis
Velocipastor
HELLFEST
Alien Zone / House of the Dead
The Dark
Doom Annihilation
Ghosts of War
The Old Ways
Demon House
Hatchet
It Waits
Dracula's Daughter
Creepazoids
One Cut of the Dead
Nightmare on Elm Street 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Crawl
Demonic Toys 1, 2
Dracula (Spanish)
Incarnate

Eveything was a first time view except Dawn '04, which was a random draw at AMC.

I also got a secondary self-challenge, in watching the first 7 NoES films.

This was a great month! I cut it close, but spooky bingo got me watching stuff I wouldn't have otherwise watched and I'm really grateful for that. Plus, the nature of the challenge actually got me to check out stuff I've been meaning to see.

Thanks for putting this together, Fran!

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
:siren: Good Morning! :siren:

After plenty of holiday season-induced delays, re-reading through 62 pages of reviews and write-ups and films, and double-/triple-checking everything, I have finally done the raffle and found winners of some lil prizes!

Our three SPOOKY BINGO winners are, in order:

Tarnop

Duz

and Strix Nebulosa! Yaaay!

As for the general raffle of completing the challenge and/or a personal goal, the winner is Twernt!

I read through all of their reviews, and I have picked prizes based off of favorite films they may have found during this challenge, or expressed great love for them as annual rewatches in their Halloween tradition. I will send PMs to each of them to coordinate shipping, and hopefully they'll receive them before the holidays are over, but who really knows these days.

I will also send a PM to MacheteZombie, our esteemed mod, to give out some Spook-A-Doodle gangtags to new participants who met their goals, to show their "initiation" into the horror ranks is legitimate.

Thanks again to everyone participating. We'll do it again soon.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

:toot: :woop:

I'm excited! Yes, I'll take a gangtag.

Also I do hope we do this again soon, I've found that without a bingo to spur me on my movie-watching has slowed to a crawl. I've been picking through Darkest Hour to compliment my WWII-reading spree and it's very good but my attention is very bad without a requirement to write a review soon holding me down.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Also I do hope we do this again soon, I've found that without a bingo to spur me on my movie-watching has slowed to a crawl. I've been picking through Darkest Hour to compliment my WWII-reading spree and it's very good but my attention is very bad without a requirement to write a review soon holding me down.
Let me tell you about my crippling addiction called Letterboxd Scavenger Hunts...

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Congrats y'all!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Let me tell you about my crippling addiction called Letterboxd Scavenger Hunts...

Okay, I'm curious: what are they?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Okay, I'm curious: what are they?

A whole bunch of people on Letterboxd set up Challenges very similar to Fran's where you're given a list of requirements and a month or year or whatever to watch and review them all. They're all open and clearly self policing. No one's running around punishing people for failing or skirting the rules. But its got that same sort of thing that appeals to me for the Bingo.

1) A fun challenge for me to chase.
2) A set of rules to break me out of my choice paralysis.
3) A deadline to motivate me.
4) A bunch of other people doing it i can follow along with.

There's year ones I took part in this year that are wrapping up now like Cult of Personalty and 52 Years In 52 Weeks. Upcoming ones like The Criterion Challenge 2022. Monthly ones like Daily Horror Hunt #42 (December 2021) or Scavenger Hunt #80 - November 2021. And other stuff like The 7th Annual Letterboxd Season Challenge: 2021-22. Basically as many options as you could want for forcing yourself into a movie challenge if the one or two times a year SA does it isn't enough.

Speaking of, I'll be working on the thread for the 2022 Spook-A-Doodle Bracketology Tournament & Movie Club this week.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Congratulations to prize winners and everybody else! I know "everybody wins" is kind of a hokey cliche, but I think anyone would be hard-pressed to say they didn't win in some sense.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Congrats to the winners!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

moths posted:

Congratulations to prize winners and everybody else! I know "everybody wins" is kind of a hokey cliche, but I think anyone would be hard-pressed to say they didn't win in some sense.

We all got to see some really good (and really bad) movies! :D

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

moths posted:

Whoever wins we win.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

I won a thing yaaaay! Thanks again for running this Fran!

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
Congrats to all the winners and all the participants, this was a total blast!

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Congrats everyone :golfclap:

twernt
Mar 11, 2003

Whoa whoa wait, time out.
Hooray! Thanks again for running this, Fran. I'm already looking forward to the next one!

Zechariah
Mar 20, 2020

There is a road, no simple highway
Between the dawn and the dark of night
Congrats to the winners, victors, mods and participants!

Franchescanado posted:

I will also send a PM to MacheteZombie, our esteemed mod, to give out some Spook-A-Doodle gangtags to new participants who met their goals, to show their "initiation" into the horror ranks is legitimate.

:woop:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Congrats to everyone! And thanks as ever to Fran.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Hooray and congratulations to the big winners

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

The most fulfilling thing I’ve gotten out of this website. Congrats to all the winners!

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Can I please have a spook a doodle crew tag again as well?

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Congratulations to the winners! You all earned it, and I can't wait to see everyone participating in next year's go.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

Congrats to the winners!

As long as I walk away with a crew tag, I count myself among them.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Thanks to all who participated. As someone who's been doing this for about ten years, and watches pretty much the same movies every year, a big part of my enjoyment comes from reading reviews of what other posters are watching. This year there was a lot of great participation from both veterans scraping the bottom of the barrel and newer people getting into the classics for the first time. Best of both worlds.

raven77
Jan 28, 2006

Nevermore.
Congrats to the winners! This was super fun, introduced me to some movies I otherwise never would have watched, so thank you all for that. I would love a Spook a Doodle Crew tag.

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007
...drinking myself to sleep again...

Thanks again for a fun time, Fran!

Another crew tag is very welcome.

smitster
Apr 9, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Thanks for another fun ride! Congrats to the winners!

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Congrats all. This was a lot of fun and got me to try writing my film thoughts down for once. So thanks for that experience!

Vanilla Bison
Mar 27, 2010

Congrats to the winners, and I would love a tag.

I've been watching so many fewer movies through November without a checklist to motivate me. Time to get into all the Letterboxd challenge stuff that STAC Goat linked to chase that high.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Hey could I get a tag as well? Cheers

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Just to update the thread, I received the list of people who passed their challenges and I'll be queuing tags (hopefully) this evening.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Could I get one as well if it doesn't mess my current one up?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

moths posted:

Could I get one as well if it doesn't mess my current one up?

You're on the list.

Gangtags stack, but sometimes an old tag gets erased when a new tag gets added. If that happens, just PM Machete Zombie in a nice way and he can get it corrected.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Bad. rear end.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Gang Tags have been queued.

Thank you all so much for participating this year and a very special thanks to our OP, Franchescanado.