Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gaupo Guacho posted:

big ups to denis villeneuve for making a tentpole franchise film about a white guy who does so much coke that he becomes an arab nationalist and convinces himself hes destined to lead a jihad

the passion of the spice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

pillsburysoldier posted:

Is Kirk Cousins an elite quarterback

lmao

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

domo arigato misuta Tumpato

yellowD
Mar 7, 2007

amazing any of it was real

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

my dad once decided to try to fix our garage door spring by hitting it with a hammer. it snapped, instantly breaking his jaw and obliterating a dozen teeth

the repair guy said he'd seen the springs on industrial doors decapitate people

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Durf posted:

my dad once decided to try to fix our garage door spring by hitting it with a hammer. it snapped, instantly breaking his jaw and obliterating a dozen teeth

we had to build a golf ball launcher in high school for physics class, it only had to shoot up to like 20 feet max for the grade, but there was a distance contest

we used two garage door spring and cocked fully back it fired a golfball about 100 yards and exploded all of the other parts

our physics teacher called us idiots and banned garage door springs the next year

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

dune-o-ween

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

pillsburysoldier posted:

I always think Cousins is some ancient fossil of a QB like Tom Brady. Then I go see that he's younger than me. Wtf 2012 draft?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Lmao vikings

Mustached Demon posted:

I always think Cousins is some ancient fossil of a QB like Tom Brady. Then I go see that he's younger than me. Wtf 2012 draft?

He plays like an extremely gutsy old man even when the play is something routine and easy

pillsburysoldier has issued a correction as of 03:02 on Nov 1, 2021

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

turmamp

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

pillsburysoldier posted:

I watched the Titans game today, they have to be one of the worst 6-2 teams I've ever seen

Derrick Henry rules, though

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

no halloween here, so sad

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Filthy Hans posted:

I watched the Titans game today, they have to be one of the worst 6-2 teams I've ever seen

Derrick Henry rules, though

they’re actually the best, by a lot!

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Durf posted:

my sister was in the Navy and she said she was paranoid about shooting the M-60 because supposedly the recoil spring could hit you in the chest if you opened it the wrong way and break ribs or worse

her MG qualification was cancelled because an hour before she was scheduled to do it some marines thought it would be hilarious if they aimed off the shooting range and into someone's prizewinning white bull

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Titans football is depressing as is all of Tennessee

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Filthy Hans posted:

prizewinning white bull

like a cow?

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Filthy Hans posted:

my sister was in the Navy and she said she was paranoid about shooting the M-60 because supposedly the recoil spring could hit you in the chest if you opened it the wrong way and break ribs or worse

her MG qualification was cancelled because an hour before she was scheduled to do it some marines thought it would be hilarious if they aimed off the shooting range and into someone's prizewinning white bull

Yeah and all the machine guns the us military uses are designed so if you don't release the spring its perfectly possible to disassemble and remove the base plate and have the mainspring lined up square with your chest

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

pillsburysoldier posted:

Titans football is depressing as is all of Tennessee

it's fun watching Derrick Henry run over people but that's about it, smart teams put multiple bodies on him in the backfield and then the rest of the Titans can't pick up the slack

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Plinkey posted:

like a cow?

yeah, a bull like that gets the owner 6 figgies per jar of bull semen, the Navy was probably on the hook for over a million dollars for that

it was grazing on land adjacent to the shooting range

the marines probably spent a year in the brig for that, according to my sister, but who knows

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide

Avatar! Know that Britannia has entered into a new age of enlightenment!

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

there was another time when she was stationed in Bahrain, some dudes on the shooting range decided to murder a local's camel and that was a mid-six figure payout and more years in the brig

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
actually one time at ft hood we had to stop shooting machine guns because a whole herd of cattle walked onto the range, but that is because the ranges for ft hood are all open grazing land lol

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Filthy Hans posted:

I love how many milsurp guns have a part of the disassembly instructions that's basically "be super sure you're holding everything together because once you pull this one pin the main spring and bolt are going to shoot backwards out of the receiver, likely carrying part of your thumb and index finger on their skybound journey"

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
best time was when the artillery guys fired the wrong direction and lobbed a couple of artillery rounds into the nextdoor town

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

rekt

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

yellowD posted:

amazing any of it was real

reality is what ever we decide it to be

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/6IBwkDM.mp4

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

I've never seen anything crazy happen at a shooting range, but once at a pawn shop I asked to see a handgun and they handed it to me I checked the chamber and there was a live round chambered

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Al ! posted:

its me the ghost of al, give me vlogs or i'll give you all chlamydial

Pissssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssss sss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss s s sssssaa sssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

cows, on the other hand,

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Nice

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Filthy Hans posted:

I've never seen anything crazy happen at a shooting range, but once at a pawn shop I asked to see a handgun and they handed it to me I checked the chamber and there was a live round chambered

nice, didnt know alec baldwin posted here

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

what thje gently caress br0

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Filthy Hans posted:

there's just like privately owned cattle ranches next to army shooting ranges?

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Yeah and all the machine guns the us military uses are designed so if you don't release the spring its perfectly possible to disassemble and remove the base plate and have the mainspring lined up square with your chest

ok but why

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Filthy Hans posted:

I hope you narcd real good to the police

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Money!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3983586