Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Barry Foster posted:

We'll see what the climate change fairy brings I guess

less cute tornadoes more brutal killing winters when the amoc dies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Alctel posted:

You were never actually banned from using imperial units right? You just also had to have metric on the packet as well?

didn't the metric also have to be bigger, or something

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Mebh posted:

I married an American so everything is in cups, pounds, grams, celcius, fan, fahrenheit and for some reason dl measures as well.

I don't get all the fuss from people hating one or the other. It's not like anyone who ever googles a recipe hasn't had to deal with converting poo poo and weird measurements from other countries. Guess it's just old people again being shite.

yeah, i mean i'm an american but have a science background so it's easy to switch back and forth

americans act mystified with metrics and europeans especially act mystified by imperial. it's dumb and google exists and people are just lazy

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

This one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjTIFkWJctY

I struggle with it for sure.

lol oh man, i can't understand a word of the first two, just about literally. the dude with the caravan is totally understandable, and i find the next pair i can generally understand if i listen very closely

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/jpkesseler/status/1447067304609599489?s=21

https://twitter.com/matt95997324/status/1447235491091386368?s=21

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

This rules. Kieth gonna fulfill my desire to see Labour dead

it’s so weird. i don’t actually think that’s his goal but it’s amazing to see how he’s made the wrong choice at like. every single opportunity.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

feedmegin posted:

No way you can hide those in something? In your situation I would be making a bunch of (heretical) Cornish pasties or maybe some sort of curry to disguise the taste.

i'd drain, rinse, and blend with some coconut milk and curry powder to make a curried carrot soup

Total Meatlove posted:

There's not been a single case of fentanyl poisoning of cops anywhere in the world has there? I know it's a favourite claim of the boys in blue stateside to make the world seem scarier.

pretty much despite what the cops want you to think

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

what’s their reasoning behind this

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Julio Cruz posted:

"gently caress the poor/minorities"

ok sure i mean most of their policies are

but like. i just don't grasp why a government issued id is no longer considered acceptable identification.

fwiw in the US/Can a license isn't sufficient id for immigration status, which makes sense, but it is fine for IDing everything else

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

i'm not a huge audiobook fan but i took advantage of the trial a while back and snagged fry narrating holmes, based in part on the fact that it was hugely long.

great to fall asleep to lol. not that it's boring so much as calming.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

a mother!!!!!!

how DARE they!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Communist Thoughts posted:

What do they want? Insulation in housing?

sort of

wiki posted:

Insulate Britain is an environmental activist group, formed by people involved in the global environmental movement Extinction Rebellion. The group began hosting both online and in-person events in July 2021, also raising money for direct action.

Founded with the aim of ensuring insulation across Britain, the group laid out two specific demands for its September 2021 protests. The first is that the British government fund insulation of all social housing by 2025, and the second is that, by the end of 2021, the government must create a plan to fund retrofitting of insulation of all homes in Britain by 2030. Insulate Britain created a Parliament petition for the first demand. According to The Guardian, the group's demands are in line with consensus among climate scientists and policy experts that home insulation—including when retrofitted—is an environmental priority, saves money to occupants and is beneficial to the economy.

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

When I first heard there's a protest group called "insulate Britain" I immediately assumed it was anti immigration, because that's the kind of oval office that seems to make up most of the British population

same