Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Lord of the Llamas posted:

Edit: ^^^^ Who is that racist wanker?
This guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87Cwaf8pyN4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Don't worry, just wait until our media hears about this and holds the government to account.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I can absolutely imagine this Labour looking at Islington North and thinking "this is a Labour safe seat, lets run a Starmer ally here", which means they'll run as tedious an pliant a centrist as you can possibly imagine, who will then eat poo poo.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

The Question IRL posted:

The big moment for me was a few years ago. I used to watch shows like Designated Survivor and Mr. Robot. Shows that were big on "there is a super secret conspiracy of all powerful geniuses who control the world. These Sphinxes manipulate the world and they can only be fought be people just as smart as them!" Theme.

Then Brexit and Trump happened and it became obvious that no, it is not the Illuminati in charge. Just the Idiotati.
I mean even Mr. Robot had to stop at the start of Season 3 and say...."yes Trump and Brexit happened. But actually it was a genius 4 dimensional chess move. Not proof of random chaos."
With Mr Robot I actually just embraced that, because the idea of this secretive cabal that controls everything recognising the possibilities that can emerge with Trump or Brexit is something that I can make sense of.

The funniest cultural casualty of Trump though is House of Cards. That show was dead the second Trump got elected, because how can you take a show about this Machiavellian schemer seriously when the Presidency was just won by a camp reality TV star who woke up one day, stuffed his face with a McDonalds breakfast and while taking a poo poo thought to himself "yeah why don't I run for high office".

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Barry Foster posted:

Yeah not gonna doxx myself here lol I'll PM you

It's kind of a tangent, it's not a big part of it, but I still did a lot of research. If nothing else you'll find some pretty cool sources in the bibliography
Going to start a rumour that you're Paul Mason.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Starmer has to remind everyone about the Labour conference and his speech because otherwise no one would ever remember it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Wizard Master posted:

What are your blokes thoughts on the Queen withdrawing from the Glasgow climate summit due to health reasons
Shes one of the top five hottest British women ever (in no particular order; Maggie Thatcher, Barbara Windsor, Theresa May, Kirstie Allsopp and Queen Liz) but its highly likely that only two of them are still alive.