Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/1443811017105059850

Tell me a white man wrote the article without telling me a white man wrote the article.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Carrier posted:

This has been doing my head in all morning. Just infuriatingly useless "advice" that would have done approximately gently caress all for Sarah. Everything about this poo poo is so awful.

Genuinely divorced from the reality that is day to day policing if they think this will reduce incidents and not instead result in vastly trumped up charges for fleeing from plain clothes officers.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
https://twitter.com/johnmcdonnellMP/status/1444235729580797955

I feel we're about 3 months away from Big John just decking Starmer.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Borrovan posted:

If u think about it the entire situation is really every single Scottish person's fault

(realtalk, the "all English people bad y/n" derails are the most tedious loving thing that ever happens in this thread, it's so loving hard not to bite, can we please just ban it)

No, let the xenophobic racists out themselves. Call it what it is.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Especially when people pointing out that this guy was a whack job were getting probated for trolling.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
They'll just blame it on Cherie again like always.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
https://twitter.com/SkyAndyHughes/status/1444761906783342601

Just burn the lot down.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/1444903224021078017

Its okay everyone they're 'concerned' about it and its nothing to do with the whatsapp group with Couzens being looked into where they were clearly talking about doing more rapes. Purely co-incidence that its another officer in his unit.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Also someone at Facebook is getting sacked because it looks like they've just crashed their entire network - routes to it keep appearing and disappearing at random and it's causing big enough issues that some internet exchanges have blackholed them altoghether.

Hasnt a major DNS just shat the bed? Although saying that pretty much everything else works.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
It looks like all the devices infected with apps that hook into facebook and harvest data are now effectively ddossing the internet as they repeatedly bombard the servers trying to connect to home base.

Yer grans candy crush game is bringing down the world.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Incredible

Do you have a source on this? Not that I think you're lying but I'd love to show some people lmao

https://twitter.com/Father_Wendigo/status/1445123471206494208

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

https://twitter.com/Simon_Vessey/status/1444580484726542346

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
We found an unresponsive man in an alleyway to the park just round from my house today.

When I got there he was foaming at the mouth with glassy eyes but breathing so I kept him in the recovery position so he wouldnt choke on whatever was coming up while someone else called an Ambulance. It took 25 minutes to arrive.

Guy absolutely reeked of alcohol and came round enough to at least let me know what else he'd taken.

gently caress having to deal with that for your job. Absolutely gently caress that. I've never seen anything so horrible.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Total Meatlove posted:

Parking a Type 45 in the harbour and then building New Jerusalem on the rock would probably be of a net benefit to world peace, given that to sustain it you'd need close agricultural ties to the nearest continent and all the boomers would die off fast given the conditions.

Keith's gonna have to argue why these whistleblowers are bad, but the Panorama ones deserved payoffs, and not reveal any detail about the report into the report. :lol:

Would this report not become a matter of public record if its entered as evidence?

I have no idea about how courts work regards to this just FYI.

Also just saw that they have got Carter Ruck on the case. Lmao Labour are bankrupt before christmas.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Private Speech posted:

Labour party income is around £58m though.

I don't think its that high anymore, especially given all the sackings and fire/rehire on lovely temp min wage contracts they've had to do this year. That suggests they have a major cashflow problem.

It wouldn't take a spectacularly large settlement to bankrupt them, especially if they have to pay costs.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Private Speech posted:

You're probably right, now that I look at it, like £8-16m might be gone now, unless it was replaced by big business donations.

The last we heard they were hemorrhaging members and it wasn't being replaced by big business donations. Add in that some unions have now said the purse strings are closed for the time being and outside of an election campaign their funding will be drying up.

They'll obviously keep getting short money but the cash for staff not in the immediate vicinity of parliament is running out for sure.

serious gaylord fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Oct 11, 2021

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Mebh posted:

I rang up my mortgage advisor to ask exactly this and he told me to get an estate agent in, tell them I want to sell and get a valuation.

You're under no obligation to sell, if you tell them you're remortgaging you'll just get an online survey which you can do yourself and won't account for any changes.

We did this too as we're looking to get an extension done. We got 3 estate agents in and they valued our house at nearly 90k up on what we bought it for. Mortgage advisors will use that figure and the mortgage surveyors themselves will often not even attend a property, just go on if its 'reasonable' with regards other properties in the area and maybe drive past it to make sure the house isnt a bombed out hellhole.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

The Question IRL posted:

My Dad (who goes down the YouTube conspiracy hole a little but I can't say he's wrong on this) was watching a video where someone was explaining that we are about to see another knock on effect from the HGV drivers shortage.

Basically they are so short staffed that they only have enough people at the moment to unload the cargo containers from the ships as they are coming in.
But they don't have the extra people to load the empty cargo containers to where they need to be put.
Which means the ports are going to start getting clogged up with empty cargo containers which are going to slow everything else down.

Theres been an issue with cargo containers for over a year at this point, its not a new thing. But there is such high demand for them worldwide empty containers don't hang around for long.

The bigger challenge we've got is that the secondary supply chains are now starting to break down. The energy price issue is forcing a lot of packaging manufacturers in the UK to slow or even stop production entirely. We're going to get issues where we'll have food ready to go but no boxes to put them in.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Did the HGV examiner really tell Keith that he needs to keep more to the left or is that a twitter thing thats been made up.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Has anyone got some proper info on this spiking stuff going on? The news today has exeter police saying 3 people who reported being injected and put in hospital had no drugs in their system at all when tested.

But then Nottingham police have arrested 2 people who did like they had ghb falling out their pockets.

It's all a bit bizarre.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Ludo Friend posted:

Exactly this is where being empathetic and having unconditional positive esteem for the victim helps. Listen to them, support them, but also support them in knowing what the evidence supports. I’d prefer to listen to their stories and give the support they do need rather than take a statement at face value and give someone the wrong outcome.

Edit- Listening is the most important part of my job, I get a ridiculous amount of people being sent to me for bipolar, depression or anxiety who in fact have personality disorders. It’s only by listening to them and their experiences that we can actually go down the right track rather than continuing with the incorrect diagnosis. The wrong diagnosis or support can be counterproductive.

This is why I posted asking for more information about it, because it definitely has a whiff of moral panic in both how fast the entire country seems to be reporting it and how the stories are routinely very similar. But at the same time you still have very unwell women being taken into hospital so clearly something is happening.

This is the story from Exeter police that I read this morning

https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/police-latest-exeter-needle-spiking-6093751

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Youtube have straight up deleted Novara Medias channel with no warning or information.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Yeah and some right wing journos as well, because they are worried they might also get their accounts nuked presumably. Imagine it will be reversed shortly and blamed on a "technical error".

Its almost certainly as a result of a report bombing run by bots. It happens to channels occasionally if they aren't verified on Youtube, however I thought Novara was so its a bit weird.

https://twitter.com/JuliaHB1/status/1452954956219179012

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
So shes definitely got Covid then?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

josh04 posted:

It's working about as well as every other attempt to ape what works for the Tories, you say?

Well Starmer has just got covid so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Gripweed posted:

Hey so is the queen actually dead?

Probably not.

Very unwell? Likely, or they'd have wheeled her out of Balmorall for a long lens pap shot to prove she was still alive.

Have Charles and William been doing public visits lately? I havent seen anything on the news about them either.