Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

James Bond is the Sonic the Hedgehog of films - cracking theme tunes, occasionally great moments, has enough fun elements that make you wish it was better than it frequently is, somehow doesn't stop you looking back on it wistfully in a way that's hard to actually justify.

A lot of people probably have some nostalgia for it, because it's been around for 60 odd years and they watched one or two or many as a child. That's sort of how I feel about it anyway having grown up watching some of them with my dad. I don't particularly care about the series, I do think that a lot of its films are complete guff, but there are still fond memories there and I'm vaguely interested if it sounds like they've made one of the occasional not poo poo ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Hell yes he's tough enough

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Comrade Fakename posted:

Owen made a good video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hof_xx7MvO4

Pretty damning indictment of journalism that I think he's the only person doing this kind of low-hanging fruit stuff.

Incredible line from one Tory arguing about excess deaths due to covid - "It depends on your definition of death"

Just amazing

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Brendan Rodgers posted:

drat I was taught about them like 8 years ago. What a bunch of outdated pricks my tutors were.

I work in ESL and there are still currently references to those learning styles in my company's official teaching and lesson planning guidelines. I only found out that it's bollocks a few months ago, though I'd thought for some time that it didn't really make sense or seem actually important.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Generally voted for investigations into the Iraq war

Consistently voted for the Iraq war

lol

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Jakabite posted:

As opposed to dying in a plane crash or drowning in your own lung fluid, both famously non-traumatising. Actually pretty good fun if you think about it. Also is Farage secretly against training pilots or proper aircraft safety or something?

I assume they were referring to the time that Farage actually did almost die in a plane crash

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Failed Imagineer posted:

How much is 20 smokes in the UK now anyway? Think it's 15 something eurons in Ireland now

Here in Vietnam it's the equivalent of about £1 for 20. Proper brands like Marlboro, too. At that price point you'd be a fool NOT to smoke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Novara Media's youtube channel got deleted earlier, what the hell

It's back now, but slightly worrying that it could happen in the first place. No explanation or warning, and obviously they haven't done anything wrong. I'd like to think it was just some admin or algorithm gently caress up, but tinfoil hat on it's a bit questionable