Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Angrymog posted:

Woodlouse chat - how do you dispose of extra woodlice given they're not a native species so can't just be released?

Send them to twisto in the post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

MeinPanzer posted:

Has anyone had experience with moving within the UK via pod or container delivery? Any advice, either in how to proceed or what companies are good/bad?

Make sure you remember to cut airholes in your box and bring sufficient food and water.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

https://twitter.com/ElectionMapsUK/status/1443895258773868546?s=20

Disappointing, Omond/Womack would have been much more interesting.

Green Leader standing in Bristol West could gently caress up Thangam though which would be very fun.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Once again, Keith's ability to zero in on what Lib Dem voters want (but nobody else) is uncannily strong

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

I MADE RICE TONIGHT in my instant pot by putting 1 (one) cup of rice and 1 (one) cup of water in a metal bowl which I sat on top of my sauce which I'd already cooked in the instant pot and then pressure cooked it all for 5 minutes. Nice fluffy rice, no water left, easy peasy.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

So apparently Starmer wrote for the Sun tomorrow?

It'll be impressive if he manages to lose Liverpool but he's nothing if not ambitious.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

fuctifino posted:

The article is in the daily mail, hence link to screenshot

https://twitter.com/PoliticsForAlI/status/1444404040339804161

Jess Philipps keen to work more closely with her best mate Jake?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

People are flavoured water

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Flayer posted:

Pea milk is the best fake milk, if you can't tolerate the real stuff

Where do you store it though?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

stev posted:

If you're filling around the time you'd normally fill it then I think you can safely say you're not panic buying.

I've filled up three times since the start of the Petrol Crisis I think.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

https://twitter.com/LeftieStats/status/1445745336396382208?t=Llu5n7Tv14tpRviXFhW1vQ&s=19

lol

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

therattle posted:

I’ve always wondered about things which are flavoured with things which themselves are flavours of something else. So we have tomato sauce crisps but not tomato crisps, and others which I now annoyingly can’t remember even though I’ve had this thought for ages.

"Bubblegum" flavour

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

fuctifino posted:

James Brokenshire has kicked the bucket, and is now burning in Hell next to Thatcher.

On 7 July 2021, Brokenshire tendered his resignation to Prime Minister Boris Johnson, stating his recovery from lung cancer is "taking longer than expected".[43]. He died on 8 October 2021[44]

Yikes.

Ring the by-election bell, I suppose. Probably uncontested? Not that it'll matter, it's a very safe seat.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

the sex ghost posted:

Lot of chat about the euromillions at work today. Keep meaning to remember to win that

If one hypothetically did come into a hundred million quid what would be the best way to use it for the benefit of the most people? Part of me feels as though the most efficient way would be to have a WhatsApp number or something that's just 'text me whatever you need paying and I'll sort it no questions asked'. But then it's open to Mr snrub types so you'd need them to provide proof and then you're still holding your money over people's heads

Could you set up some sort of sex ghost foundation for good lads and lasses but since I'm very stupid and don't understand the investments required to keep the fund going I would require outside help and that would turn it into every other lovely charity that works to enrich itself

You could theoretically set up some sort of political action group but that feels a bit lib dem 'just vote!' for my tastes

Is the answer really just driving around Mario balotelli style and just handing out notes to people on the street

Bang it all into the UKMT Fund

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

My "if I won the Euromillions" pick after sorting out myself and my family and friends is I'd buy this derelict office block at the end of my street (which a local kid fell off and died recently), turn it into decent flats and make them available to homeless or otherwise precarious people at a peppercorn rent to enable them to get their poo poo together with a safe place to be and an address etc. No obligation to move out at any particular point.

e:

fuctifino posted:

If I won £100m, I'd spend most of it on property and become a landlord

Which I'd then transfer to a trust and lease out on fully protected tenancies for a peppercorn rent

:hfive:

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Ohtsam posted:

It really isn't. The people who are dumb with the money are played up to show "being rich sucks actually"

"Plebs don't know how to be rich so it's better that wealth is concentrated in the hands of the already wealthy, furthermore faaaaaaaaart"

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

https://twitter.com/siennamarla/status/1447582789382123529

Going by their past record, the Labour Party is going to end up giving Seumas Milne a million quid and a role of president for life.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

Can't the ships just use our 2,000 miles of canals and navigable rivers and other scenic waterways to dock and unload directly at the cities where the stuff is needed? Please give me a cabinet position.

Manchester Ship Canal blocked by SEX ARSES

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

ThomasPaine posted:

as far as I can tell a good portion of millenials and gen z'ers find it almost impossible to imagine anything improving much at all in our lifetimes.

I can imagine it because it nearly happened

If anything, that makes it worse.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

NotJustANumber99 posted:

you loving useless bastards all guessed the wrong numbers

I'm going for the real prize of a signed copy of the illustrated Ragged Trousered Philanthropists for guessing how many cups of tea are pictured in the book.

Probably still going to be the wrong number though

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

sebzilla posted:

I'm going for the real prize of a signed copy of the illustrated Ragged Trousered Philanthropists for guessing how many cups of tea are pictured in the book.

Probably still going to be the wrong number though

Turns out I won this. Should have done the Euromillions as well.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Sounds like there's going to be a by-election in Leicester East sooner or later.

I wonder if Labour can poo poo themselves hard enough to lose it (been Labour since 1987, currently 6k majority)

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Failed Imagineer posted:

Haven't figured out how the lollipop ladies fit into all of this yet :thunk:

If they're stopping you from making adequate progress in your vehicle you can just drag them to the side of the road these days

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Just came to share this. I'm shocked. Shocked!

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I think it depends on the hand-washing facilities available. Nobody wants to go dogging on a full stomach, but at the same time after a session I'd *definitely* want to wash at least my hands before handling food.

Many people are still in the habit of carrying hand sanitiser with them. Should be fine.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

https://twitter.com/MirrorBreaking_/status/1448993432274354209

Yikes.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

sinky posted:

Obvious leftist extremism, Keith will apologize.

Expect to see Angela Rayner calling Tories "scum" brought up a lot.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Failed Imagineer posted:

BBC says suspect is a "man of African appearance"

That's... an odd way to describe someone.

What's that quote (Pratchett, maybe) about someone having been responsible for like 14.2 deaths or something despite not having "murdered" anyone? That's Tories, but thousands of people.

So yeah it's sad for his friends and family but I won't shed a tear for anyone who voted through the last decade of misery.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Deketh posted:

Maybe from Going Postal? I think someone informs Moist of how many deaths his cons have indirectly caused

That's exactly the one, yes, thank you.

e: posted the quote but OF had already got there. Thanks friends.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1449776338450141242?t=hZ98HD1E35Zr-tsLKfDvGQ&s=19

The king

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Apparently Johnson missed the minute's silence for Amess in the commons today.

I look forward to anyone who calls him on it being accused of "playing politics" with the tragic murder and being cancelled forever.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

https://twitter.com/ElectionMapsUK/status/1450463407593988114

https://twitter.com/ElectionMapsUK/status/1450468742601793543

This is fine

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

I was very surprised to crack your code and swap the initials of this "Priti Patel" character you've invented.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Really excited for Brenda to finally cark it so we can all break out necrothatcher.gif and have a good old laugh

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Camrath posted:

Ah. The bacon fudge. One of my few missteps.

Btw, fudge fans- I’m cooking up five vegan flavours this week, with a couple of them being brand new! Watch this space!

You'll be hearing from my dentist!

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

https://twitter.com/siennamarla/status/1451210390919127049

Competent, forensic, adults in the room

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

keep punching joe posted:

Floating idea again, Antivax Island.

Use the Isle of Wight.

This was also my preferred Brexit solution

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

The Queen is "in good spirits" in that she's currently pickling Nelson-style in a barrel of gin.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

ThomasPaine posted:

fucksake though I love a tunnocks tea cake

I can take them or leave them. Caramel Wafers, though...

Might have to check these out: https://www.ringtons.co.uk/treats-c8/biscuits-c13/ringtons-milk-chocolate-caramel-wafers-p45/s45

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

https://twitter.com/KateEMcCann/status/1452587817398415361?s=20

Let them (leopards) eat people's faces.