Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Carrier posted:

This has been doing my head in all morning. Just infuriatingly useless "advice" that would have done approximately gently caress all for Sarah. Everything about this poo poo is so awful.

I would simply not get murdered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

Things are going great for your country when the military has to be drafted to drive trucks for civilian gas lol Britain is gonna do great against functioning countries like China

Listen here motherfucker we are going to sell the poo poo out of our mansions to your government and there's nothing you can do about it

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Or any of us for that matter

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I just bought some haribo snakes and the fuckers are like half the width what the gently caress is this

I demand a government inquiry

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Gigabrane Activate https://twitter.com/JimMFelton/status/1445645448077725698

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Wait, what? Those are different?

The tories just rebranded the minimum wage as a living wage without increasing it to the living wage, because they know voters are idiots and will fall for it.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Clearly he was taking the piss.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

God drat it Thom it's been over a year since I regularly checked this thread and you have to post this when I'm starting to return?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Gripweed posted:

You guys are running out of plants and animals too?

https://twitter.com/HelpingRhinos/status/1448162835486314500?s=20

I saw a squished mog when driving back from work.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

keep punching joe posted:

Excellent use of public money, shot and chaser.

Byline Times Nov 2020

BBC News October 2021

You can scorn all you like but this made a very rich person even richer so the karma balances out.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

It's heartening to know all the people who said Jo Cox's murderer was a lone wolf who sprung fully formed from the aether will immediately say Raynor personally did this.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Honestly of all the Tory MPs who deserve consequences for their actions this guy seems extremely low on the list, lovely though his views are.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Lol that's fired up an extremely long-ago memory of getting into a fight (a "proper" after-school-in-the-park-with-people-shouting-fight fight) with the kid who sat next to me in primary school. The teacher asked for examples of what might happen at a GP surgery and I said "surgery" because I wasn't actually sure what the word meant, just that it was something medical, but the teacher didn't hear me. So the kid next to me shouted it out as loud as he could at the next lull and the teacher chuckled and said that wasn't what the word meant (although to this day I *still* don't know why we use the same word for "place you go to talk to someone" and "someone cutting you up") but it was a good try, and the kid reckoned I'd done it deliberately to make him look stupid.

That kid is now a RtB landlord who funded his first purchases with the money he made as a Java developer in the dotcom boom.

I looked it up because an American was nonplussed by the term and it's apparently because you're meant to get to sit down with your MP like when you visit your GP and ask questions to diagnose your concerns. Literally analogising a visit to the doctor but with your MP.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

goddamnedtwisto posted:

And just like surgeons, most MPs solution to most problems is deep cuts.

You're trying to bait me into a topical joke that will get me banned.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Nice try but I'm stupid, not evil.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I mean Bolsonaro survived something similar and lived to recreationally catch covid so I'm assuming he'll survive.

Whether he'll recover is another matter.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I agree with the other poster in here it was probably someone whose benefits got cut and they've hit their limit.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Apraxin posted:

The motive could really be anything at this point. The guy who attacked that Lib Dem MP back in the Blair years and hacked his assistant to death with a katana did it because he thought they were part of 'a conspiracy between Cheltenham council and Lloyds TSB of which he was the victim'.

Oh huh, TIL about a previous attempted murder of a sitting MP.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Ah, poo poo

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Rename thread to "Well That Was Amess"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

JoylessJester posted:

lol, getting into a fist fight with a neighbour and losing isn't in the same league as being assassinated don't try and pad your stats.

Yeah Rand got owned because he kept dumping leaves on his neighbour's lawn and got caught in the act one hilarious time.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

SixFigureSandwich posted:

There was also the time somebody shot Reagan in '81.

Also remember when Something Awful successfully killed the president in 2009

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Ginette Reno posted:

In the US when people get upset they just go shoot up grocery stores. I guess in the UK they do it better?

In all seriousness how could someone get close enough to knife a dude like that? I would think there'd be lots of public security at any event where a politician is at and getting close enough to knife someone enough to kill them would presumably be difficult.

Nah many local MPs meet with their constituents freely. My local MP will often have a stall outside the supermarket or in the town centre to let people bend his ear about local issues.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

~ G O N E ~ B U T ~ N O T ~ F O R G O T T E N ~

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lol https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/oct/15/labour-spending-more-on-legal-battles-than-campaigning-sources

Labour spending more on legal battles than campaigning, say sources

Exclusive: As action against ex-Corbyn staffers looms, falling membership is also hitting finances

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

this you buddy https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3928980&pagenumber=734&perpage=40#post506078954

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Skeletome posted:

it's the mushroom man- you leave some mushies out at night, and in 2 weeks he'll send a tuppence through the letterbox

is that the guy who lives on drury lane?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Bit of a slippery slope to upgrade towns to cities just because the local MP gets merked aye?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Failed Imagineer posted:

On the one hand you should never platform fash scum like Farage, but at the same time lmao

https://twitter.com/Caolanmcaree/status/1450225765753233411?t=tUmr7g-ebT4pQ4FEI8HqAg&s=19

Hearing him half-heartedly say up the 'RA made one half of my brain rotate clockwise and the other half rotate forwards.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Secret plot to kill the wealthy by injecting grease into their coke-addled veins to heighten the contraindications.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Seems a housing estate blew up near Glasgow https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-58965190

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

hmmmmm
https://twitter.com/richardgaisford/status/1450860062898102282

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jeremy Corbyn has not been leader for 564 days.

He is still important to sideline, for some reason.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I wonder if some houses were built 1939-1945 but it was some rich wankers doing it off the books.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

drat can't believe ol' KKKay would do something racist

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Today was the 55th anniversary of the Aberfan disaster when 116 children and 28 adults were killed when a coal-mining spoil heap slipped and engulfed the Pantglas Junior School just as morning registers were being taken. I was 6 at the time and attended a tiny Welsh primary school. We had visited parents' friends in the town just a few weeks before. A year or so later, we moved to a mining town. Our house was on the side of one coal tip, and my junior school across the valley on the side of another coal tip.

Oh yeah my mum said that this happened when she was a young'un and had no concept of how far Aberfan was from Bedford and was terrified it was gonna happen to her next.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

It's quorn.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Eggs are my vegan killer. Cheese isn't far behind though.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Private Speech posted:

Linus Tech Tips (who is more goon-adjacent, at least persona-wise)

what do you mea-- https://twitter.com/linustech/status/1444693732637380622?lang=en

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Skios posted:

This has the receipts, both on her being a serial assaulter and her pressuring other performers into forgoing STD protection.

Okay this really confused me because the URL made me think it was an LGBAlliance website, not an anti-LGBAlliance website.