Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
It's all just really sad. Normally I can just look at bleak poo poo and manage a hollow 'lmao' but just seeing the indifference from the authorities, literally saying 'well if she had just run away from the policeman she would have been completely fine' and the knowledge that both parties will go ahead with demanding more police to protect us from the police is heavier than normal. gently caress sake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

multijoe posted:

Not being able to use WhatsApp is actually really really annoying lol

I haven't been sent a grainy 800 times copy pasted meme from FootyLAD.banter in the work group in hours and it's rough

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Come out you ice cream vans

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Bobstar posted:

I remember thinking at the time, if the media are happy to say "so-called Islamic State", they should say "so-called national living wage". But I guess pointing out questionable naming only applies to the bad guys

Lol this just reminded me of the week when the news and government couldn't decide what to call ISIS. We had ISIS, ISIL, so-called Islamic state, Daesh and so-called Daesh

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Listen we painted a line on the road that car drivers ignore. Committed to cycle infrastructure

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Surprised they kept 'his predecessor' Gavin Williamson on there given they obviously invited him before he got sacked

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

keep punching joe posted:

Lib Dem resurgence is real, no bump for Labour after Starmer Police.

https://twitter.com/BritainElects/status/1446034709629243405

Vindication for hero clegg

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

I feel for conflicted Newcastle fans after Ross County hired noted racist homophobe Malky Mackay this summer. Which is handy coz a local non-league team just moved to play about 10 minutes walk from my door so I've just started watching them.

They aren't very good but it's free and the manager isn't a oval office

The Malky saga is one of my all time faves largely because of Dave Whelan (who broke his leg in an fa cup final but didnt like to bring it up) defending his manager by saying it wasn't racist because Chinese people do look very similar

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Lot of chat about the euromillions at work today. Keep meaning to remember to win that

If one hypothetically did come into a hundred million quid what would be the best way to use it for the benefit of the most people? Part of me feels as though the most efficient way would be to have a WhatsApp number or something that's just 'text me whatever you need paying and I'll sort it no questions asked'. But then it's open to Mr snrub types so you'd need them to provide proof and then you're still holding your money over people's heads

Could you set up some sort of sex ghost foundation for good lads and lasses but since I'm very stupid and don't understand the investments required to keep the fund going I would require outside help and that would turn it into every other lovely charity that works to enrich itself

You could theoretically set up some sort of political action group but that feels a bit lib dem 'just vote!' for my tastes

Is the answer really just driving around Mario balotelli style and just handing out notes to people on the street

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Refs are cops and should never be 'respected'. VAR is a tool used to humiliate and belittle them and their petty small-minded decisions against my club (against which they are biased) and therefore is a good thing

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Cranks writing to the local paper is our last native artform. Engraved on my memory is Mr DS Boyes who wrote into the Yorkshire evening post every day for about 30 years kicking off about the young people and their bikes or whatever

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Remember when Thatcher was lying in state and PMQs was cancelled so Skinner did a speech about how she hosed the country and Nadine Dorries was outraged.

Remember when he called David Cameron 'Dodgy Dave' and had to do a formal apology

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

kingturnip posted:

It won't be a local. A by-election like this is an opportunity for someone's friend to get the nomination.
Any Tories booted out in the last couple of elections who'd be up for a return to the gravy train?

Redemption for winner clegg

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

Eh, being reported to Prevent basically just means that he's black (and possibly lived in a terraced house). Let's not be too hasty in bigging up the credibility of a system that mainly exists as a tool of racist persecution.

Loved doing my prevent training which boiled down to 'report everyone, for anything. Even if there's nothing, if you get a bad vibe just report it'

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Is Strasbourg the new Brussels. Can't keep track of the city where the baddies are now

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Still annoyed at the plans to con me personally out of two bank holidays for the funeral and coronation

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I'll wear a union jack suit and let the gun carriage drive directly over my balls if they give me a day off for the funeral. Boris take note

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Feel like there's room for a heartwarming British comedy starring idk Toby Jones about a gang of brinks mat style hijackers from the 70s and 80s who have to drive lorries to save Christmas. Maybe a funny scene where they have to get used to modern lorry driving techniques or a computer. Maybe they're even older and haven't read a newspaper since they went in prison so they've never seen a motorway and there are antics

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Mebh posted:

Fucksake would it kill them to come up with an actual memorable, snappy phrase instead of 22 syllables of poo poo.

It's like they don't want anyone outside their media bubble to vote for th...ooooooh.

Some pr nonce clued the Tories in on the fact that humans are basically slightly more intelligent dogs and can remember three word phrases before getting bored or confused (see: get Brexit done, build back better, hands face space etc)

Keir therefore has to do the opposite and write 700 page speeches and campaign slogans that use 2 sides of A4. Forensic stuff

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Baka it's not like I wanted you to expel me for anti semitism

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

keep punching joe posted:

You scan in with your phone. All of the shelves detect weight changes so it knows if you have lifted anything. It monitors you with cameras. Dunno what happens if someone puts food out on the wrong shelf or you need to return stuff, or it charges you wrong. Argue with the computer I guess.

Cool this sounds the worst poo poo ever. Can't wait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Renfield posted:

Disclaimer - I currently work for StepChange as a debt advisor, although not for long as it's driven me to the edge of a breakdown.

What's up fellow 'worked in debt management until having to try and sort out the consequences of capitalism broke your brain' poster. I used to work for a now-defunct insolvency company and my job was mainly looking at the dodgy poo poo we'd get sent by referral companies, phoning people and trying to explain that despite what they'd been told a DRO would be their best option to get their debts written off, or sending them over to StepChange if they were ineligible. Not a fun time, I sympathise with your plight