Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

James Bond is the Sonic the Hedgehog of films - cracking theme tunes, occasionally great moments, has enough fun elements that make you wish it was better than it frequently is, somehow doesn't stop you looking back on it wistfully in a way that's hard to actually justify.

If Snake Eater is the best Bond theme, what's the best Sonic theme?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Has Starmer supported introducing checks on whether people are actually cold, or just exhibiting fuel-seeking behavior?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

OwlFancier posted:

I mean same if the vaccine causes that just give me one jab in each nut but some people get real weird about their genetic continuity and as such often become very preoccupied with the product of their gonads and start getting a bit messianic about the whole thing. They're on the internet, I've seen them.

I've seen things. I've seen them with my eyes.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Thus of ould, thus now, anyone?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

OwlFancier posted:

I am not sure whether I am more afraid of another tory government or labour somehow winning it because the tories poo poo the bed too hard and wasting another three decades of my life on nothing.

The best move is to not vote and definitely not give any money to anyone.

Labour's vote share - and income - needs to crater as a result of their actions.

You could go door-to-door telling people both parties are poo poo.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
UKMT October 2021 - boffins bish bosh romp fury bingle bongle tots honk honk steamy bum

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Nothingtoseehere posted:

If you want to start purity-testing people who have been following and posting in various UKMTs about when exactly they can use "we" as a collective noun, then the culthood has already begun. Or maybe you just don't pay attention to other posters except when you want to drop hot takes on them?

What?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Telling Trin Tragula to gently caress off is evidence the thread is a cult?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Another question is, how good will it be at facial recognition of faces of kids of colour given that the failure rate on people of colour of these things is pretty high.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-03186-4

Will they not feed a child who perhaps fails the scan right in the dinner line or will they feed the child in any case and then investigate further?

Anyone failing the scan will be arrested for being on school grounds without a permit. After the parents pay a fine they can have their child.

If it is found the system had an error, the parents can file an appeal for a modest processing fee.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

OwlFancier posted:

When I wuz a kid we played outside all the kids do nowadays is charge they phone, be bisexual and lie.

Also stop loving being outside you horrible yooths I will call the cops on you.

I carry all of the common types of cables just so I have something for people to plug in. Modern life can be very draining.

By now most players know who among us always have spare supplies whenever there's an impromptu meeting.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Private Speech posted:

Here's a better video with the same idea from Linus Tech Tips (who is more goon-adjacent, at least persona-wise): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vorkmWa7He8&t=665s

e: That's said the tampon thing is a bit dumb.

Someone goon-adjacent doing a dumb bit? Well, that's new.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
With hydrogen solar panels and hydrogen fuel cells, we might finally get something more nature-friendly than combustion engines. Other than trains.

We needed this thirty years ago, but at least there's a theoretical answer now. Hope it scales.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Communist Thoughts posted:

Earth, earthlife and probably humans will continue on for a longass time yet.
The biosphere as we know it is hosed though, eat fish and chips while you can

The people saying this is the end of humanity are exaggerating big time. It'll merely compress food growing regions to a band to the north of today's habitable regions. There will be enough food to feed millions of people even in the worst case scenario.

Wait, there are how many humans?

Oh we didn't plan this well at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Mebh posted:

They're all loving mad. This is going to end with them putting a poor teenager on a bonfire on the 5th isn't it?

It's for the greater good.