Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haakman
May 5, 2011

Nope. No. This is definitely performance art. Partridge couldn't do it better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haakman
May 5, 2011

Regarde Aduck posted:

That’s not true, you, like a lot of people, are conflating the fact that significant disruption is locked in, with total destruction. So yes we can’t stop climate change but we can stop it getting worse. It’s a moving scale. We are currently locked in to 1.5 c of climate change. We can survive that. If we do nothing this locked in temperature increases. I don’t know what’s so hard about this and i suggest you leave the climatology to the climatologists.

Just finished my MsC in climatology. 1.5 is the public line. We're way past that.

Ah efb.

haakman
May 5, 2011
Spent years in the farming industry (mainly pigs, but also arable) - there's a class system within farming itself. You do get the small farmer who owns their farm and works it, but these are disappearing and being absorbed into large estates - which in turn are run by farm managers, who in my experience are generally people from farming families who a generation ago would have run their own farm.

Pig farming is mostly different entirely - it's run, in general, by large firms who let out farms to individual pig farmers and their associated stockmen. These pig farmers don't actually own any assets - they get accomodation on the farm etc.

Also there's definitely a tier list within farming itself - I'd much prefer to be an arable farmer (woo fixing hedges and poo poo for 9 mo of the year) than a livestock farmer, which is all year round and often in the most disgusting conditions - even within livestock farming those sheep farmers have it easy compared to pigs.