Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Woodlouse chat - how do you dispose of extra woodlice given they're not a native species so can't just be released?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

sebzilla posted:

Send them to twisto in the post

Good plan.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Sanford posted:

You’re “supposed” to freeze them but I avoid that by moving them to larger and larger enclosures, and giving them away. You can control breeding in some species by keeping them a bit drier/cooler than they should be.

Let me sort out a jar for them and I'll take some of the black and red spotty ones of your hands.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

happyhippy posted:

Sky said this heli landed 2 hours after it happened.
So it was not immediately fatal, hes getting worse, or its just in case needed.

Might not be a hospital in reasonable ambulance transfer time distance to deal with serious stabbings.

Oops - didn't realise he'd carked it.

Angrymog fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Oct 15, 2021

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Talking about comparitive goverment travel procedures - the UK PM travels with three cars and a bunch of police outriders rather than the nonsense that the US president travels with.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

keep punching joe posted:

The original pic without the face censored is 100x funnier because he has the biggest poo poo eating grin.

https://twitter.com/mikemiIIar/status/1449802220988420101?t=eGOTtszXiPb_E4Sudm2r-A

If they're not actively cultivated and just happen to be there, you're allowed to just take them, as long as it's not for commercial reasons.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Guavanaut posted:

This feels like it should be a commercial for something.
This is a man who knows he's allowed to take the mushrooms.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Total Meatlove posted:

She enables her noncey son to avoid justice for his noncery, gently caress her and bury all her horses with her

Horses did nothing wrong.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Necrothatcher posted:

My girlfriend went to an NHS talk on perinatal care and they started going on about Dianetics. Eesh.

That's probably worth reporting to the complaints dept at the trust.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

In lighter news, do any South-East goons want cats?

The neighbour of a friend of mine is trying to re-home three cats - an adult male and two kittens. Adult can go alone, kittens should probably go together. Unknown if they're spayed/neutered. (They're a bit neglected :( )

I can transport them.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

multijoe posted:

Dairy in baking is one of the main reasons I'll never be able to go full vegan, there's just no substitute that comes close imo

That and the cheese and chocolate.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Payndz posted:

Visions of them never actually announcing that the Queen is dead because they realise support for the monarchy will plummet once Chuck takes over, so she's going to end up like the Emperor from Warhammer 40K, reigning while stuck on a throne for all eternity.

They're waiting to be able to decant Sister Dawn and Sister Day versions of her.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

ronya posted:

Fundraising guidelines generally hold that charities and trusts should be cautious of accepting conditional gifts that are costly to administer. If the condition turns out to be too onerous, one should return the gift rather than redirect it.

Amongst the things that have been 'gifted' to the company I work for are a steam train *, a villa in Acapulco, and a three bedroom semi-detached house with a boundry dispute. None of these are easy to turn into money to put towards what the account holder would have liked the money to go to.

*IT leadership bitterly regretted telling us about the steam train because it derailed the entire meeting.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Alctel posted:

Living on a boat is great, I used to live on a sailboat for 7 years in BC then attempted to sail around the world and got stuck in Mexico originally due to Brexit (I would have been halfway across the pacific when the first deadline was going to pass and as I was using my British passport so I could be an EU citizen and stay longer, I wasn't sure if French Polynesia was going to let me in) and then the next year due to covid so I had to sell my boat off down there, rip

Used to live on a houseboat (a dutch barge) in Pin Mill. Was good. Miss the river. Had the cheapest mooring fees in the UK - £50 a year is what the parents told me, and no additional fees. What we didn't have was mains sewerage (and plans to put it in and proving hookups always came out as too expensive) so the houseboats did discharge directly into the river - river was tidal, so it would go out with the tide.

Don't swim in the river Orwell, folks.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Counterpoint: Swimming in the sea and rivers (when clean) is ace, and so much nicer than a pool due to the lack of chlorine.

Wild swimming is a poo poo, pretentious term though. It's just swimming.

I wear beach shoes when swimming here because the beach is very stony and shelley, and I have a thing I put over my swim suit that has midlength arms and legs, so I don't feel exposed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I wonder if there's any value in tracking when "GAME OFF" trends on Twitter as a proxy indicator for climate change. Like normally you see a flurry of them between late November and early April and the occasional localised burst throughout the year, but this Sunday there's games off for waterlogged pitches literally all over the country, from Torquay to Ross County. I've never seen anything like it this early into winter,

The local gymkhana and clear round jumping I was going to go to was cancelled due to rain having flooded out the field.