Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
This plus the chief of the met giving advice on how to protect yourself from all the criminals in the met is pretty lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Failed Imagineer posted:

If you abolish the Met, these dangerous predators are just gonna be out there on the streets

Can we just put a fence around scotland yard to keep them in then

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

What the everloving gently caress even is a lib dem? Why do they just have the worst loving takes about everything.

The whole point of being a fubpee is to go "well actually" at people a lot. If there's an obvious solution you can't just accept it even if it's correct because then you couldn't "well actually" all the sheeple accepting it.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

I get why keith has all these terrible ideas because he's a career politician cop, but it baffles me that there is apparently a constituency of voters who all think like that, the UK government isn't big enough to produce enough keiths to form a political party.

Imagine if your career goal is hall monitor and you think everyone else should be smart and credentialed (with a bachelor's in something unrelated to your jobs or interests and an MBA) just like you.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Yeah but I guess the idea is if there's a new police brutality story every day then shitlibs might wake up, which in reality they probably won't, and there might be more successful court cases annoying police forces.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

There is no evidence that the story actually happened. This is just some guy getting his 15 mins of fame telling porkies.

I mean come on, 20 cars all deciding to follow a tanker? I could kinda buy one or two cars doing it, but 20? And it doesn't even look like a petrol tanker?

On the other hand, there absolutely are enough people who are dumb as rocks to make this plausible.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

lol https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/oct/15/labour-spending-more-on-legal-battles-than-campaigning-sources

Labour spending more on legal battles than campaigning, say sources

Exclusive: As action against ex-Corbyn staffers looms, falling membership is also hitting finances

Good. At this point labour might as well burn down, the sooner that happens the better since it means more time to rebuild without Blairite trash.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

oxford_town posted:

e: 89 is the ISBN group identifier for books published in South Korea.

have any MPs of any party been seriously ill with covid?

I don't think private hospitals are really touching any covid care (far better to keep as a 'clean' site and churn through elective operations, which are the main moneymaker).

The bigger factor is probably that MPs, as a whole, are affulent people in generally good physical health who don't live in overcrowded, multigenerational households.

Johnson got in and out of ITU very quickly but that was probably overcaution - nobody wants to have the prime minister die on their watch, regardless of who it is.
If I worked for the NHS and had a Tory MP dumped on me, I'd resign just so I don't have to live with the knowledge of having kept one of those assholes alive to ruin more people's lives.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

They show up multiple times in this thread, boosting an antisemitic conspiracy theorist 'researcher' who uses overt neo-Nazis as sources:

https://twitter.com/christapeterso/status/1399849561301131265?s=21

An example:

https://twitter.com/christapeterso/status/1368964015695667203?s=21

there really needs to be an archive of this poo poo where every time a """""gender critical""""" fuckwit shows their place in public they're drowned out by people pointing out they're a loving nazi

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

RockyB posted:

You do know what the current discourse is with a significant number of climatologists, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDWhjSUu8UY

https://www.livescience.com/ghastly-future-global-crises.html

The view displayed in the media is a lot more happy clappy 'something can be done' than the actual academics, who in many cases now see societal collapse due to overshoot as a historical inevitability. Especially marine biologists, they're depressed as hell.

Much of what your pick of slides says is simply doomerism/appeal to nature fallacy. A lack of an abstract sense of respecting Gaia isn't the cause of climate change, decoupling may not be sufficient to enable the current system to continue but what the guy says implies that no human activity can be made less environmentally damaging because we're all ~a part of nature~.

The argument to make is that rampant consumerism and resource use can't be sustained by any existing technology and that we need to redirect the world economy towards building long term sustainable things (most likely requiring massive land reform and booting out capitalists). Partial decoupling by substituting low carbon energy for land and resource use is absolutely part of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

selective outrage, colour me shocked