Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I don't care about cars, watches, guns, or Britain but I like when the alcoholic man beats people up and jumps off bridges and stuff.

But mostly, Ana de Armas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Oh I forgot the most important part of the advice which is that bus drivers hold an inherent power over police and can stop them killing you.

One weird trick you wont learn in law school.

Buses are technically a class of boat and their drivers (technically: bus pilots) only answer to maritime law

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

happyhippy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML9fvfp1l7g

There is no need to queue for fuel! Everything is fine!

Narrator: Johnson did not, in fact, have a single shred of dignity

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

suck my woke dick posted:

This plus the chief of the met giving advice on how to protect yourself from all the criminals in the met is pretty lol

If you abolish the Met, these dangerous predators are just gonna be out there on the streets

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

happyhippy posted:

Nah, its genetics. Some of their grandparents drove tanks in WW2, so driving a lorry full of Curly Wurlys should be a doddle.

Surely the Red Army applied a large selection pressure against the German tank-driving gene in the mid-40s

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Yeah, the insinuation that you'd never use Good Protestant White English Flour like McDougalls for nefarious purposes.

(I have theories about that flour too but lol if you think I'm even speaking them out loud let alone typing them out on the internet)

I must say I'm intrigued but I respect your desire to not end up in a briefcase

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Mama didn't raise no fule

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

My "Lots of compassion and cares deeply about people" profile has people asking a lot of questions already answered by my profile.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Honestly I was all about the rice in the Instant pot but now that we've mastered rice in a deep saucepan fryingpan it comes out perfect every time and is even easier than using a dedicated device. The washing is the main key no matter what way you go

Failed Imagineer fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Oct 2, 2021

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Pablo Bluth posted:

Just scored petrol with zero wait. I suspect I was slightly lucky (wet Saturday evening, a road closure cutting down on the usual passing traffic, word not having got out it was re-open, more cars having their filler on the right and people not wanting to lift the hose around) . I'd been at the supermarket is a few minutes before and the sight of a tanker refilling the place was causing a build-up of waiting cars in the car park.

A true Brexit success story

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
UKMT: Mostly rice and petrol chat now.

I let the side down by getting an Indian take away and now I'm hosed

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
How will we know the difference

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Didn't you get rice with your take away? Or just a big puffy peshwari naan?

Oh of course, I got both. I hosed myself by getting a meal deal for two while herself is away, a shameful goon

E:. 9, a sexual position much like the 69 except you're alone so you just lie there, full of Indian

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Still the most easily-trolled thread on these forums, ignoring bad posts is impossible even though the white demon Lowtax gave us the gift of the Ignore button

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

NotJustANumber99 posted:

although a football pitch can be bigger than that, up to twice as tall and a third longer

Incorrect, the FA rules say a football pitch can only be 30mm tall

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

therattle posted:

I can juuuust about see how he might have thought that going to war was the right thing to do, and compatible with his moral framework. One can’t do that with tax avoidance. There’s no way one can say “well, he thought he was doing the right thing”. (Note: I don’t want to but it could be argued). It’s just naked greed. What fucks me off so much is that the people who engage in this poo poo don’t need to. They’ve already got too much money.

By the time they've made all that money, they've probably already made a thousand choices more unethical than mere tax avoision.

Big Tone says: "I am in blood Stepped in so far that, should I wade no more, Returning were as tedious as go o'er"

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

The ones I've tried all seem to be full of oil.

Maybe slightly more (%v/v) than there is fat in dairy milk - it's hard to get precise numbers for most of them. I'm not necessarily convinced prima facie that canola or rapeseed is much worse for you than the fats in dairy milk, though tbf there are also a bunch of bioactive peptides in milk which do good things for GI health.

There are also oat milks with no oil, although I imagine they taste gash. Fun fact, James Joyce wrote about people having "oatmealwater" in their porridge in Ulysses - the original hipster

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Flayer posted:

Almond milk is flavoured water. It's 2% almonds if you're lucky.

Dairy milk is also flavoured water

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

sebzilla posted:

People are flavoured water

https://twitter.com/NoContextTrek/status/1320772110420221953?s=19

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

TACD posted:

I’ve never even tried a non-dairy milk, is this yet another hot new trend my aging brain has missed the boat on

As discussed, both almond and oat milk go back hundreds of not thousands of years, but yes they've grown in popularity in recent years/decades

They're good, drink the milks

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Flayer posted:

Pea milk is the best fake milk, if you can't tolerate the real stuff

Smack barm pee milk

Alternative thread title: Convene my big Labour vag!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
https://twitter.com/immolations/status/1309158064277393410?s=19

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

loving hell did you eat two indian takeaways with all the naan and rice too

For the record, I had it for dinner, and then breakfast lunch and dinner the next day. So still disgusting, but in a slightly different way

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYMx45S29Uw

(PS I do know this is a cover of Alice Cooper)

Song is forever ruined for me by this Freaks and Geeks scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvN8z5i9w6U

Great related twist at the end of that episode too. What a show

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Just Another Lurker posted:

Unexpected admission by Lord Frost, Northern Ireland related mainly, that the NIP is working as intended so they need to remove it: https://twitter.com/BestForBritain/status/1445058698380992517?s=20 but it was surprising to see the it talked about so openly. :-)

This will invite the kind of EU sanctions that people like to imagine the mean EU have already introduced

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Z the IVth posted:

Doesn't annoying the Irish get you prank Dominos pizza deliveries to your place of work?

Idk, I'm Irish, and if someone pranked me by sending Dominos to my place of work (my house) I would happily eat that garbage

E: for content.

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1445289295556882435?s=19

This woman used to work in my department when I was a postdoc, she used to be one of Irelands leading biologists before she had a major break with reality and is now one of Irelands (Europe's?) leading anti-vaxxer loons (she was always a terrible person)

Recent highlights include claiming a Garda was raping her when he refused to let her barge into a vote-counting cente during a by-election (where her :tinfoil: platform gained few votes).

So I guess Tories are taking a lot of cues from America, and the more extreme fringe is embracing this rubbish now to attract the crank vote. No way that could end badly

Failed Imagineer fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Oct 5, 2021

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

They'll have to out-crank Rosie Duffield first.

Does make me wonder what causes the academic break with reality in those cases though. Some kind of epistemological break?

In her case I think it was traumatic childloss :smith: . Don't really understand how one leads to the other but eh, it's a reason not an excuse

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Lol to all of the above

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Tesseraction posted:

I just bought some haribo snakes and the fuckers are like half the width what the gently caress is this

I demand a government inquiry

EU regulations stipulate a minimum snake girth, sorry that's all hosed now

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Mebh posted:

I think these days it might just give all three major parties one vote.

There's 3 major parties now?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

What does that term even mean. Everything is "so-called", isn't it?

Do you really not know or are you just being obtuse? Appending "so-called" is just up-fronting the question of legitimacy, e.g. encouraging the reader to question if there is such thing as an "Islamic State" if it has no external recognition

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jedit posted:

Also to question whether they're actually Islamic, although nobody thinks about that.

Very true, although I think most media are perfectly happy tarring all adherents of Islam as muslamic style terrorist operatives

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Those insulation protesters are so fake, a Reddit post questioning whether they were an astroturfing project was itself then immediately astroturfed in the comments

https://i.redd.it/q6k8vq3h5tr71.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/GreenAndPleasant/comments/q2hpff/is_it_just_a_coincidence

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Who is Roko?

A miserable pile of specious arguments

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
The real basilisk part is that even caring enough to post about any of that insufferable nerd bullshit makes you also an insufferable nerd by transitive property.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

<whinge>
5 hours of meetings today and they're all on wretched Teams.
It's TERRIBLE compared to zoom.
It's taken me nearly half an hour for the wretched thing to open and it's hogging all my memory making my laptop keep freezing.
Last time I used it it was just as bad, hence why I opened the app nearly an hour before the first meeting starts at 10.

:smith: :respek: :smith:

My corporate HP craptop completely fails to handle the >1GB of RAM that Teams eats up just idling. I'm usually also juggling ~20 XLSX, 10 docs, a few slide decks and multiple browsers just to do the basic functions of my job, plus powering 2 external screens. So any time I try to join a Teams call my other monitors hang and I need to restart my USB hub :argh:

IT dept response to my detailed request for a 16GB laptop: "no. fuk u. delete this number"

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
It's Wes' time

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

Perhaps if wages went up we wouldn't be on low incomes, wes.

You should tweet at him. It may be one of your last opportunities to call him a oval office and for him to actually see it before he becomes LOTO

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

I can't tweet at anybody I've never had a social media account and don't intend to start now.

I have bad news about what you paid :10bux: for.

And here you can't even call any world leaders a dog oval office, just some possible CIA agents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Sometimes I pick up my dog and scream frustration into her side - she likes it