Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

One of my fondest science lesson school memories was when the teacher was drawing a potato plant on the blackboard and one of the girls in the glass put her hand up and asked "why are you drawing that tree upside down?". This was in top set GCSE science.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

Guavanaut posted:

I saw one almost form in Wigston, it was a nice sunny day and we were at a barbecue outside, then suddenly clouds came and formed a funnel and the winds got weird, then it pissed it down as is tradition.

I'm still trying to get my head around this, lol. They look like trees the right way up, just with potatoes.

You can graft tomatoes to the above ground bits too, to make topatoes.

The teacher started by drawing the underground bit and hadn't done the rest yet.

Whilst we're on the topic I'm sad to say that I've been on the allotment waiting list for a plot in Edinburgh for just under 9 years now 😭

Edit: ^^^^ Who is that racist wanker?

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

Apraxin posted:

No no, you see he was taken out to context in this clip, he just meant that anti-fracking protestors should be stamped on without mercy, it's not a race thing!
https://twitter.com/mikeparry8/status/1443924619149385757
https://twitter.com/mikeparry8/status/1443925907446636577

I assume he also rails against the tiny minority of ultra rich that have disproportionate influence in how our country is run.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

Bobby Deluxe posted:

The venn diagram of 'people complaining that wearing a mask is a huge imposition' and 'people who say suck it up snowflake' is a perfect circle.

This isn't how Venn diagrams work.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

Private Speech posted:

Also just in general it's complete bollocks, unless she meant "one of the most expensive in the world".

I can't remember who but recently someone made the point that a visa system to attract "the best and brightest" was essentially making the argument that forrins should have the good jobs but all the poo poo jobs should be done by the British :laugh: