Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

https://twitter.com/mikeparry8/status/1443924619149385757

Doesn't make it better Mike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Bit esoteric but coming back from work today I saw a lorry from the Dutch logistics company Welsi. That would be a great name for a Welsh company (the si in Welsh is pronounced as sh)

Comrade Fakename posted:

Owen made a good video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hof_xx7MvO4

Pretty damning indictment of journalism that I think he's the only person doing this kind of low-hanging fruit stuff.

I really like videos like this you get such an interesting insight into why people vote the way they do.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Best thing to come out of North Korea since, well all the people that escaped I suppose.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

When I was working up in Machynlleth there were a lot of "say NO to rewilding" signs around. I'll never understand people who think it's fine to carry on the way we are.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Danger - Octopus! posted:

I have no idea what the etiquette is. Do you get a bap before dogging and risk turning up with some ketchup stains down yourself, do you bring it in case they want a bite as a cheeky mid-shag snack, or do you go for a bap together afterwards? It's a social minefield quite frankly.

I think with etiquette if you're dogging behind the cafe you buy something from the cafe. After all if you use a pub's toilet you buy a drink.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Hope that Amess pulls through. Looks like they've already made an arrest.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Well that's the worst outcome.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

fuctifino posted:

I just picked a random twitterer, and hadn't heard of him before. Thanks for pointing it out.

In other news... wtf? https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1451142195986280450

So this guy can stand there and say that, legally, yet someone in the opposition can't stand up and shout "you stupid loving oval office" at him without breaking some rule? loving police state of a country.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Guavanaut posted:

This is the only ethnic fabric we need

I'd use one of those souvenir tea towels from somewhere in Cornwall.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Regarde Aduck posted:

dude all the rules aren't enforcible

someone could absolutely have stood up and shouted that, they just didn't. Everyone's a coward, me, you, them. How the gently caress do you think it got this bad?

Thatcher?

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I was in town today and got offered a free paper. The woman handing it to talked about the government putting through a vote to privatise part of the NHS and it isn't being talked about.

Anyway I took the paper to see what it's all about it's called The Light. Has anyone heard of it before?

I just had a quick look through it and it talks about vaccine deaths as if they're bigger than from COVID. It actually states that there have been 40,289 deaths in the U.K., U.S. and E.U. after taking the vaccine which could mean they were hit by a bus. It talks about some anti-science cult and how THEY (yes, actually all in caps.) have seized power. Plus a two page spread on some study that apparently debunks global warming. Seems a bit of a waste of paper in parts.

EDIT: At the end they have a column with the headline "Faith and courage will see you through the toughest times" written by Sharon Girardi who is anti-vax.

bessantj fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Oct 29, 2021

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

fuctifino posted:

They were the same people iirc who were trying to reappropriate the White Rose movement to promote Covid conspiracies. They get their followers to actually pay for the printing, and then hand them out. It's a literal loving cult... lol

They are best to be avoided, but take as many newspapers as you can, and sensibly recycle them.

Thank you for the info, into the recycling it goes.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I'm slightly confused because they use a very similar typeface and layout to the back issues site for When Saturday Comes, the half-decent football magazine, but the slightest glance tells me all I need to know. If they're not directly funding it I'm sure the Epoch Times are involved somewhere in this, it's 100% their MO.

Looking through the actual latest issue - Bob Moran cartoon (Moran of course being the cartoonist too loopy even for the Telegraph, fired (or possibly just suspended) after threatening an NHS doctor on Twitter), Nuremburg Code, "All the animals in the trials died", sovcit stuff now rebranded as "Natural Law" presumably after someone explained Magna Carta to them (disappointing lack of yogic flying), I mean it's all really just basically a printed-out Facebook group.

That I have heard of. Glad I got it before someone else now.

That's what I like about this thread, you have a question there's usually one or two posters who have a decent knowledge of the answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Like I say I've no evidence of their involvement, only a suspicion because they have been diversifying into their own weird little ecosystem of free papers and "independent" websites to get around social media bans and as an astroturfing network. QAnonAnonymous did a pretty good summary of what they've been up to in the Qniverse but they're present on just about every front of the culture wars.

On the other hand:

They're selling tinfoil hats, I'm convinced.

I'd buy a full suit but tin foil boxers sounds painful.