Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Derek Fcking Carr posted:

Renfrow is so loving good

Stodgy old football man take, he should have counted the players on the field as is the returner's job and called time out.

(that was a hell of a play)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1445257044106170368

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Carr revenge game incoming or lol at carr you shook bitch game incoming

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chromatic posted:

Carr revenge game incoming or lol at carr you shook bitch game incoming

Joey had a hell of a presser tonight and is probably gonna get fined tomorrow but lol

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

lol

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That's a really funny image but I don't think Carr has the arm or legs to yolo out of that situation so he was doing the right thing at the point that picture was taken.

I think this may have been the play where he was zeroed in on Renfroe and Waller was wide open early?

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Justin Herbert, best QB in the AFC? Discuss.

He isn't the best, but I think he might be in the top 3 already.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Good god that Oline

Tom Cable, everybody!

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

This is like when Chris McAlister talked about Eddie George in the 2000 regular season. "He just folded like a baby".

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

shirts and skins posted:

Tom Cable, everybody!

I don't think this is on Cable so much as our starting guards are currently a 4th/5th string guy and a guard who didn't make the dolphins roster and the center is a guy who isn't good

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
There are maybe five fan bases who are justifiably optimistic about their offensive line.

Having the offensive line be the worst part of your team is super frustrating but at least you have plenty of company.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

I don't think this is on Cable so much as our starting guards are currently a 4th/5th string guy and a guard who didn't make the dolphins roster and the center is a guy who isn't good

That guy Miami cut is outperforming every Miami guard lol

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Kevino07 posted:

He isn't the best, but I think he might be in the top 3 already.

All time you mean?!?

Grittybeard posted:

That's a really funny image but I don't think Carr has the arm or legs to yolo out of that situation so he was doing the right thing at the point that picture was taken.

I think this may have been the play where he was zeroed in on Renfroe and Waller was wide open early?

Every time I watch the raiders it seems like he’s over focused on one guy, or deciding what to do before the play.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Eifert Posting posted:

There are maybe five fan bases who are justifiably optimistic about their offensive line.

Having the offensive line be the worst part of your team is super frustrating but at least you have plenty of company.

Feeling pretty good now that our O line isn't coached by Tom Cable

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

shirts and skins posted:

Feeling pretty good now that our O line isn't coached by Tom Cable

Wilson has taken more sacks in each of the last 3 seasons than he did in any year that Cable was there.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Eifert Posting posted:

yeah

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

I am giddy

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

e wrong thread

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I wish the saints offensive line took a year off and went and did some freelance work.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Well I guess at least a good effort was made in the second half and we almost actually came back. Just making it a game after a 21-0 hole is encouraging, all things considered. If someone told me before the season started that we'd be 3-1 with this schedule, I'd figure that you were high.

Carr was shook for sure but the line was absolutely terrible most of the game and he was running for his life. Trading away Hudson and Jackson and counting on a 39 year old Incognito is biting them in the rear end for sure. Kolton Miller is literally the only good lineman right now (never thought I'd say that) and everyone else is hot loving garbage. Are there any good lineman on the trade block? :suicide:

On the other side, I'm so happy with this defense. It's honestly night and day from last year. They gave up 28 points but kept us in the game longer than they had any right to considering all the injuries in the secondary last night.

J. Herbert 25/38 222 yards
K. Allen 7 rec 36 yards
M. Williams 1 rec 11 yards

isn't something I would've expected given the score

Hunter Renfrow is also a beast

edit: I understand that Tom Cable is a lovely human being but the line performance is very much not on him at this point.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Wilson has taken more sacks in each of the last 3 seasons than he did in any year that Cable was there.

Wilson is older and slower

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

wandler20 posted:

Chargers vs. Rams in LA for the Super Bowl would be pretty cool.

I have lived in LA for 16 years and even I am nauseous thinking about all the self serving LA horseshit that would be impossible to digest if that happened.

Also Stan Kronke hero-worshipping, just barf

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

kiimo posted:

I have lived in LA for 16 years and even I am nauseous thinking about all the self serving LA horseshit that would be impossible to digest if that happened.

Also Stan Kronke hero-worshipping, just barf

If this happened the parade of Lakers and Dodgers fans pretending to care about football would be impressive

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The winners' fans and the losers' fans both flipping cars for various reasons would be something to watch though.

And Raiders fans in the middle of it all, stirring up trouble.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Look, I don't give a poo poo about LA but I like a lot of players on the Rams and Chargers teams and I watch football for the players. It would be a fun as hell game. I've found as I get older it's much easier to block out all the bullshit going on outside of the game in terms of the media shoving storylines down our throat.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The SB shouldn't be in LA anyway. Same for the Olympics

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

kiimo posted:

The winners' fans and the losers' fans both flipping cars for various reasons would be something to watch though.

And Raiders fans in the middle of it all, stirring up trouble.

As someone about as far from LA as you can be in this country, I’d like to see this. I also like seeing the Canadian NHL fans mildly riot when their teams lose.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Watching the Canadians riot when the Canucks lose to the Bruins was :discourse: .

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Black Sunshine posted:

On the other side, I'm so happy with this defense. It's honestly night and day from last year. They gave up 28 points but kept us in the game longer than they had any right to considering all the injuries in the secondary last night.

Them giving up SEVEN POINT EIGHT (!!) yards per carry to austin ekeler was a way bigger problem in that game than the pass defense for sure. But it was a huge problem.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I'm not talking about the Cincinnati Bengals. :colbert:

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

I'm thinking about them at least. That CJ uzomah TD last week where he threw rayshawn Jenkins to the ground ruled

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Chucktesla posted:

I'm thinking about them at least. That CJ uzomah TD last week where he threw rayshawn Jenkins to the ground ruled

CJ has always kind of been someone a lot of fans grumble about because he's never really seemed special. It was really cool being able to see him have his statement game. I don't know or expect if he's going to continue doing poo poo like that but he seems like a good guy and it's cool that he got his moment.

Some fan gave him a beer after the game that he chugged on the field. :allears:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Wrong thread

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Oct 6, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Quiet Feet posted: