Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

3-1 alone atop the AFCN
Bengals Bitch!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Bengals sure seem like an actual football team

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I am in awe of the Jaguars' ability to lose games.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Also Joe Burrow is really, really good. He's not going to be the best QB from his class, but he's still going to be a multiple time Pro Bowler and a fantastic #1 overall pick.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Kirios posted:

Also Joe Burrow is really, really good. He's not going to be the best QB from his class, but he's still going to be a multiple time Pro Bowler and a fantastic #1 overall pick.

yours will be too. coming up sometime, or maybe just a top 5 pick or top 7. because you said this

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That was a fun game, and yeah the Bengals look really scrappy and kinda.... fun

Admittedly I came in near the end of the second quarter and that first half looked pretty underwhelming, but 2nd half Bengals? Good job, good effort.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
loving kill me

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Trevor Lawrence is a bum and the jags are starting to look like the 2008 lions

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

The virgin Trevor and the chad Joseph

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

JT Jag posted:

loving kill me

I’m sorry, but this is the best thing for you.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

The jags should get a new head coach imo

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Had to stop watching at halftime for meetings and the Bengals were getting booed down 14-0.

Checked the score and OH BOY THE JAGS SUCK

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
The Bengals are cool and good despite losing to the Bears.
The Jaguars may be cool, but I do not think that they are good.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If I were the jaguars I would look for the opposite of their current coach search methodology, so after I rename myself Rural Oscar I'm a shoe-in

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The only team to beat the Bengals must be pretty good. In my opinion

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

That Joe burrow guy can really throw the football

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Fluffdaddy posted:

Trevor Lawrence is a bum and the jags are starting to look like the 2008 lions

I thought Lawrence was fine tonight. The Jags coaching is a loving disaster.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

trevor really knows how to place the ball into where it should go for a nice catch. i didn't want to see him doing it tonight. That little short goblin.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

DariusLikewise posted:

I thought Lawrence was fine tonight.

Yeah I just get the feeling he's behind the eight ball with a poo poo roster and bad coaching.

I get that you're supposed to win anyway if you're a superstar but this is testing the bounds of that idea.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I’d say Lawrence will be fine once Urban is gone but anyone who would hire Urban to coach in the NFL will absolutely gently caress up the next coaching hire too so he might just be hosed unless he can escape Jacksonville before they break him.

But he’s very talented and absolutely isn’t the problem.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The Houston Texans might be the second-best team in the AFC South.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I’d say Lawrence will be fine once Urban is gone but anyone who would hire Urban to coach in the NFL will absolutely gently caress up the next coaching hire too so he might just be hosed unless he can escape Jacksonville before they break him.

But he’s very talented and absolutely isn’t the problem.

Panthers trade a 2nd for him before 2024 season and fix him too.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
The stadium booed the offense at the end of the second quarter and I guess Joe didn't like that cuz I'm not sure I saw him miss a throw the entire rest of the game.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
He's deep in thought planning his escape after Week 8

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone have a theory for why they moved away from RPOs and designed runs for Trevor besides just Urban Meyer being a bad coach? Because I swear they were getting five or six yards every time they did it and I never really saw an answer.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Oct 1, 2021

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Eifert Posting posted:

Does anyone have a theory for why they moved away from RPOs and designed runs for Trevor besides just Urban Meyer being a bad coach? Because I swear they were getting five or six yards every time they did it and I never really saw an answer.

On the RPO part I don't know, but I did find myself thinking Trevor was keeping it a little too often on those read options even if it was the right read.

Like yeah, you're gaining yards. You're also probably too valuable to risk for a first down in September as often as you were doing it.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Yeah, after seeing Cam Newtons career trajectory the whole RPO thing kind of smacks of just because you can, really doesn't mean you should.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

BlindSite posted:

Yeah, after seeing Cam Newtons career trajectory the whole RPO thing kind of smacks of just because you can, really doesn't mean you should.

Please don't take me as attacking you since I think you probably already know this but this is a thing that bugs me with terminology. We as dumb football fans too often think of zone reads or read options on the same line as Run/pass options.

One involves the quarterback possibly running, the other generally involves the quarterback deciding whether to hand the ball off or throw a quick pass. There are variations of course that lead to QB power runs, but you can also do it straight up hand the ball off or throw it. Dan Marino who, bless his heart, could move about a foot in the pocket on any given play would have been utterly deadly running modern RPOs. He uh, probably wouldn't have done much with the read option.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Hope Shad Khan replaces Urban with Dabo

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Edward Mass posted:

The Houston Texans might be the second-best team in the AFC South.

I'd certainly take Tyrod over Wentz.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

The Jaguars traded the best QB in their history to the Eagles for a 6th-round pick.

Lawrence ain't the problem but he's not the solution either

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Burrow looked pretty awful for half the game. Still doesn't look close to recovered.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Burrow looked pretty awful for half the game. Still doesn't look close to recovered.

I noticed he was limping in the third quarter.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

forkboy84 posted:

Hope Shad Khan replaces Urban with Dabo

Bobby Petrino resurrection tour!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

burrow reinjured his knee in i think the last game or the game before and they played it off as an ankle as well as "forget about it." when i saw them two bad throws he had in the first half i said this little boy is 50% at best. he's a ticking time bomb but there's just nothing i can do

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This guy with the 132 passer rating was just garbage, shoving his spleen back into his mouth every other play.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

BlindSite posted:

Panthers trade a 2nd for him before 2024 season and fix him too.

You'd definitely get the Clemson fans around here to start caring about the Panthers.

They were showing Jacksonville preseason games on local TV here this year, which I thought was just wild

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Is this the Cincinnati Bengals thread?