Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Is this the Cincinnati Bengals thread?

This is the Cincinnati Bengals forum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Ehud posted:

This is the Cincinnati Bengals forum

We're just posting in it

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Bengals gonna make Aaron look old and tired next week.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
If they can get their entire secondary healthy by Sunday they should have a puncher's chance. Getting Eli Apple off the field is going to be a big deal for a defense that already looks pretty okay.

I don't know if Jesse Bates is the big difference maker for the defense yesterday with the game plan that Jacksonville had but still please loving pay that dude.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Just saying

Kirk Cousins? BITCH
Ben Roethlisberger? BITCH
Trevor Lawrence? BITCH
Andy Dalton? Former Bengals, he's cool.
Aaron Rodgers?

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

FUN FACT: Tom Brady only won 9 AFC titles because he never had to face the Bengals in the playoffs, otherwise it would be 4 or 5

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

sweet thursday posted:

3-1 alone atop the AFCN
Bengals Bitch!

:boom:

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

whatever, their record is padded with wins against the lowly Jags and Steelers

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

:rubby:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Mystic Stylez posted:

FUN FACT: Tom Brady only won 9 AFC titles because he never had to face the Bengals in the playoffs, otherwise it would be 4 or 5

Bill had to cheat to beat the Bengals a year or two ago, so this checks out.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

132 W 7th St, Cincinnati, OH 45202

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Fifty Three posted:

132 W 7th St, Cincinnati, OH 45202

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
ab ki baar bengals sarkar

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Chucktesla posted:

The jags should get a new head coach imo

They just got one

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

Please don't take me as attacking you since I think you probably already know this but this is a thing that bugs me with terminology. We as dumb football fans too often think of zone reads or read options on the same line as Run/pass options.

One involves the quarterback possibly running, the other generally involves the quarterback deciding whether to hand the ball off or throw a quick pass. There are variations of course that lead to QB power runs, but you can also do it straight up hand the ball off or throw it. Dan Marino who, bless his heart, could move about a foot in the pocket on any given play would have been utterly deadly running modern RPOs. He uh, probably wouldn't have done much with the read option.

No issue at all mate, I get what you're saying and I do agree. I just automatically go to the don't use your QB as a power runner frame of mind. I have fan PTSD from how Cam was used in Carolina.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

in yesterday's game they stopped letting trevor run after he got stacked up once. it would have worked several more times as long as they weren't on the goal line and setting up an obvious qb run from the shotgun. but i am glad they considered it all the same thing and stopped letting him use his feet, just for one dark evening. my parting advice: look at a bird tomorrow

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/RotoPat/status/1444754178228867074

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Today's bears win can be chalked up to matt nagy being cagey about the quarterback

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Well that was frustrating!

holy poo poo goff is bad

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

R.D. Mangles posted:

Today's bears win can be chalked up to matt nagy being cagey about the quarterback

and the mysterious play caller

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Mitch Trubisky had a rushing td today

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Lions please send picks we will give you Baker Mayfield

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

this is how the game ends
not with a win but a cousins

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Love a good ol' false hope Bears victory against a bad opponent. Too bad Monty's leg exploded.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Holy crap, our defense.....might actually be good?

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

I missed all the football games, how did the Bills win 40-0?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Ohio teams are simply too powerful this year.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

FAT BATMAN posted:

I missed all the football games, how did the Bills win 40-0?

They scored 40 points while preventing the Texans from scoring any points.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Flikken posted:

I think Joe Woods is starting to trust the personnel enough to not constantly call these soft zones exclusively.

Also I really can't wait for Landry to be back, because our offense has not looked good since he's been out.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Flikken posted:

Yeah, the D-line manhandled the Vikes line. The Viking receivers were blanketed, the RB's were getting constantly stuffed behind the line but, lol it's all on Kirk, amiright?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Flores has consistently ignored the offensive line and cut players that go on to have success elsewhere. I’m over the Flores experience. It’s the same problems

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
If Baker could just get his poo poo together, I swear man, this offense could be all go all the time. Someone needs to be brought in to break him down and get him to adjust. Maybe it's a mental thing.

Browns won, this is awesome, our defense is showing up which is great. Chubb and Hunt and that O Line are great. I feel for our WRs, especially Odell cause he's great but has wasted 2-3 years in Cleveland of what would be an otherwise great career.

The Browns need a clinic/workshop around Baker and the WRs. Like hard.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Oct 3, 2021

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Darth Brooks posted:

Yeah, the D-line manhandled the Vikes line. The Viking receivers were blanketed, the RB's were getting constantly stuffed behind the line but, lol it's all on Kirk, amiright?
I'm sure one day Kirk will have enough weapons and figure it all out by 34 or maybe 35

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Is there where I say Browns?

Browns

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Gatts posted:

I feel for our WRs, especially Odell cause he's great but has wasted 2-3 years in Cleveland of what would be an otherwise great career.

The Browns need a clinic/workshop around Baker and the WRs. Like hard.

It's really wild that our offense is somehow worse when OBJ plays. Does he melt Baker's brain or something?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Eagles-Chefs was the 5th game in NFL history without a punt

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

wilderthanmild posted:

It's really wild that our offense is somehow worse when OBJ plays. Does he melt Baker's brain or something?

I wanted to avoid saying that last year but really this year Baker is just worse when OBJ is on the field and not just when he's targeting odell. It's super weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Eat poo poo Tennessee