Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Thought I'd just remind yall that not everything is terrible, come hang in the good things thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3980789

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

fknlo posted:

My mom wasn’t feeling well last night, thought she had heartburn. Her husband woke up to her barely breathing and unresponsive this morning. They think she had a heart attack but they’re running tons of tests. She’s still unresponsive though so that’s not a good sign. I was going to drive the 11 hours home but as I was driving past the airport I figured I’d check for a flight and got one. I couldn’t book online so I naturally had to pay extra and the person got my last name and birthday wrong. I’m glad I didn’t try to go through security first. I have to sit here for a few hours but I’ll get there about 3 hours sooner.

:sympathy: hope she's ok bro

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Sorry to hear it, fknlo, hope things swing back positively for her.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

shame on an IGA posted:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

fknlo posted:

My mom wasn’t feeling well last night, thought she had heartburn. Her husband woke up to her barely breathing and unresponsive this morning. They think she had a heart attack but they’re running tons of tests. She’s still unresponsive though so that’s not a good sign. I was going to drive the 11 hours home but as I was driving past the airport I figured I’d check for a flight and got one. I couldn’t book online so I naturally had to pay extra and the person got my last name and birthday wrong. I’m glad I didn’t try to go through security first. I have to sit here for a few hours but I’ll get there about 3 hours sooner.

That sucks and sounds really hard. I think you made the right call flying. Not just for speed, but because driving long distance while stressed out sucks is not the safest option.

MonkeyWash
Jan 14, 2005
Donkey Rinse

shame on an IGA posted:

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

shame on an IGA posted:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Sorry to hear it, fknlo, hope things swing back positively for her.

This, definitely.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

shame on an IGA posted:

Ditto.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

shame on an IGA posted:

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

shame on an IGA posted:

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

shame on an IGA posted:

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

shame on an IGA posted:

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Fun Shoe
Thanks for the well wishes. She’s not going to make it. Sitting in an airport by yourself crying when you find out is not fun.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

fknlo posted:

Thanks for the well wishes. She’s not going to make it. Sitting in an airport by yourself crying when you find out is not fun.

Oh no :smith:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

fknlo posted:

I'm so sorry.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Well drat. Hoping you get there before she goes.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

fknlo posted:

Jesus. Sorry man.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Fun Shoe

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Well drat. Hoping you get there before she goes.

Thanks. It’s one of the many reasons I flew. Now I’m standing in a long line at northwest Arkansas regional airport trying to get a rental car and there’s only one person working. And my watch is yelling at me because my heart rate is super high while I try and hold it together. This really sucks.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

fknlo posted:

Thanks. It’s one of the many reasons I flew. Now I’m standing in a long line at northwest Arkansas regional airport trying to get a rental car and there’s only one person working. And my watch is yelling at me because my heart rate is super high while I try and hold it together. This really sucks.

Please drive safely.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Victoria, Australia, reports 1488 new cases :godwin:

https://www.9news.com.au/national/c...9b-767bfdb75e9c

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

gently caress man, I’m sorry. :smith:

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

fknlo posted:

I'm so sorry :smith:

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

fknlo posted:

Sorry for your loss.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

fknlo posted:

Oh gently caress dude. I'm so sorry.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
That sucks man, I'm sorry.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009
I'm really sorry, that's terrible.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

fknlo posted:

take care of yourself

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I'm so sorry man, stay safe and take care of you.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

ded posted:

take care of yourself

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

fknlo posted:

I'm so sorry man, my condolences.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

fknlo posted:

gently caress. That's horrible man.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

I'm so sorry man, stay safe and take care of you.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Very sorry to hear that

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

fknlo posted:

drat, I'm sorry for your loss man :smith:

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

fknlo posted:

gently caress man, I'm sorry. My mom has had a couple of cancer scares, so I'll say I've had at least a tiny taste of that, driving home through the tears after hearing the news, and I feel for you. Stay safe and stay strong.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Fun Shoe
Thanks everyone. For real. I got here in time but things are not good. She didn’t get enough oxygen for too long and has been getting worse throughout the day and is still very unstable. They’re doing another ct scan right now to look but the reality is that she’s already gone. We’re going to wait for the results and go from there.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

fknlo posted:

Thanks everyone. For real. I got here in time but things are not good. She didn’t get enough oxygen for too long and has been getting worse throughout the day and is still very unstable. They’re doing another ct scan right now to look but the reality is that she’s already gone. We’re going to wait for the results and go from there.

Glad you made it there safe. You're all there together to face whatever comes next. I'm pulling for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Glad you got there safe. Sending you love.