Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Nuclear Tourist posted:

Feels great to know that I live in an economy that at the very highest levels functions in about the same way I would if I were to quit my job and live off credit cards.

Remember how every American is supposed to have 6 months of expenses set away for an emergency but virtually every corporation in America was begging for money two weeks into COVID because they literally live hand to mouth thanks to dividends and stock buybacks eating up every bit of cash flow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
working in IT i cannot tell you just how prevalent re-inventing the wheel is in relation to all things security

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Raerlynn posted:

Since there's no real consequences beyond loss of public trust (and if you're big enough like Twitch is, you basically don't have to give a gently caress at all), it's not going to get any better until something puts the fear of God in companies.

its going to take insurance companies saying 'nope' to cyberinsurance claims since everyone is just punting on security and letting them eat the ransomware cost

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

lightpole posted:

Thats straight subscriber income isn't it? Xqc has one of the highest average view counts. Ninja didn't transition all the viewers from Fortnight. Its an absolutely brutal business.

Going to assume subs and ad revenue

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
its trivial for businesses to lose money while being wildly profitable, its just that the IRS is too busy chasing people who might have earned $7 more than the maximum for claiming the EITC

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
https://twitter.com/AllenWest/status/1446945633714282499?t=malusRzJs-NN8zayTs9SmA&s=19

I will absolutely hand it to COVID if it delivers here

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Godholio posted:

Is he a piece of poo poo, too? I liked him back when he turned Utah's team around.

He spent years covering up an assistant coach's domestic violence at Ohio State

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

mlmp08 posted:

This is one of the reasons we have a bill of rights: to help protect us from emotional capriciousness.

Some people just can't help but being miserable pieces of poo poo

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
the centrists got what they wanted

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
sure Biden's legislative agenda is dead, nothing will fundamentally change and the Dems are going to get eviscerated in 2022 but man are we epically owning the Trumpers

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

its pretty simple. school districts generally try to get competent people to run them

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Grip it and rip it posted:

You dont have to go to trial to litigate these kind of issues. Many times if you get bad evidence renoved the case will either be dismissed or a substantially better plea offer will be tendered.

Removed by who, the legal team 98% of Americans can't afford?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Conservatives have control of the Senate and Biden isnt going to be nominating anyone to the Supreme Court

Hope this helps

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
One year ago the only troop I respect had a great day

https://twitter.com/coffeeshopjihad/status/1451220865304207360?t=Zs5KW--Bf-dvRr0FZYvCyg&s=19

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
I'm sure another vagina hat march will solve this

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1451659628626862083?t=2FImWrr9SfENFDdMuA4h2Q&s=19

On a personal level I don't know what criminal liability Baldwin faces here if any. At a corporate level him and everyone else involved in production should get destroyed.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Bored As gently caress posted:

A large part of it has to do with the issue of cops pulling back and not being as proactive as they were. They do this because they are either ordered to become of Covid, or were ordered to for any reason, but also because they're butt hurt over people hating them now so they think "what's the point in being proactive if I'm just going to open myself up to lawsuits or jail." Also many cities have passed laws that explicitly state that cops can not pull people over for minor traffic violations. So it's a combination of all of that that leads to a huge decrease of traffic stops in some areas.

In some areas there are now explicit orders that cops cannot pursue a vehicle either at all, or unless it is a murder or rape suspect. So rear end in a top hat criminals just speed away and get away with driving like a lunatic, because the cities passed those laws.

Cops arent proactive lmao

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
You means cops in schools didn't help

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
lets check in on the Republican Ohio Senate race

https://twitter.com/GeorgeVClark/status/1452470261672972296

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
https://twitter.com/ajplus/status/1453021349694279690?s=20

vote like ur life depends on it!!!!1

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
"Nothing would fundamentally change"

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Please progressives kill the bill

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
We've pretty much plateaued at best or at worst are on the up swing of fatalities per mile driven purely thanks to the American ego's need of bigger, heavier and up-armored. This is before you even factor in the type of rear end in a top hat driving this development.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
pissing on a house fire, which is exactly what this bill does, isnt helping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
yes im sure there are hundreds of republicans who havent been seething since Obama was elected