Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

CainFortea posted:

I'm honestly surprised that comment torpedoed his bid. I thought he already was a senator when he said that.

It was a different time--a time when a phrase like that meant something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Wait. An elevator operator? In 2021?

They had a normal elevator, but it kept trying to accelerate and kill everyone onboard unless interrupted by a human.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

ded posted:

you cant cut wizard funding! you will regret this!

:cheersbird:

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Platystemon posted:

Duck fœtus? WTF? If you’re going against the unstated terms of the challenge, use quail eggs.

When Philippines Navy Sailors challenge you to some poo poo, what are you going to do, say no?

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

yes. that's exactly what i am going to do. don't ever gently caress with filipinos

I was more scared of saying no than saying yes

Edit: and 98% of the time when a Filipino says 'eat this' you absolutely should.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
Chances are his "work" was to give money, promise labor, and urge his contacts to work on it to help convince others commit to the project then get the hell out of the way, but maybe he's one of those Tom Hanksy guys who is actually doing poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Best Friends posted:

But hey I'm sure in a giant prison complex of thousands of people, the students will be more civic minded.

Dorm kitchens teach the most valuable lessons of all: Trust nobody, your fellows will gently caress you the first and every chance they can get, and the barrier of having to talk to your neighbors is sufficiently high that you won't organize adults cleaning up after themselves.

So you will eat ramen and $12 University rations.