Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

shame on an IGA posted:

:sympathy: hope she's ok bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Glad you made it there safely. Be well, all of you and your family there and take care of each other and yourselves.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

Given that a lot of these Judge's are likely also white supremacists, a lot of God's Plan reflects the KKKs/CSAs plans...

https://youtu.be/gQ1PT8gRtfU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Crab Dad posted:

Austria? Uh…. Did they hear that Australia wanted subs and they were literally that dumb on every front?

lmaoooooo holy poo poo it's gotta be this.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Judge: “It’s become evident to me in the riot cases, many of the defendants who are pleading guilty are not truly accepting responsibility. They seem to trying to get this out of the way as quickly as possible”

Wow how does this loving guy think plea deals work for white men?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

shame on an IGA posted:

well gently caress me, I was sure SC was the only state still dumb enough to elect gov & lt gov on separate tickets

Virginia too.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Who/what is docevil? I’m online, but not terminally so.

He was a longtime admin here but he's been gone for years.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

antifa juche supersoldiers

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

But can he roll a b52

buddy

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ded posted:

a plugged barrel gun shooting blanks is what killed brandon lee iirc

They had cheaped out and made dummies by dumping the powder from real bullets but left the primers. One of those dummies was fired and the bullet was stuck in the barrel of the fully functioning weapon. The dummies were switched with blanks and the powder charge in the blank was enough power to send the bullet into Lee's body.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

facialimpediment posted:

Worth hitting up incognito mode to read this article - might buy the book on the 26th to read while working the election.

https://twitter.com/scottlincicome/status/1451905579434262528?t=bNx9B3DXTxIyN4EAf3P7Dw&s=19

I'd hesitate to bring it to a polling place, that seems like the sort of thing a maga will file some sort of partisan influence complaints about if your state has rules about that sort of thing.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Generation Internet posted:

Is it common for American recruiters to cold call/text people? I've seen a few screenshots like this and it's always weirded me out.

Yeah they did it to me. I had to take the ASVAB for a scholarship and they were blowing my phone up until they'd get me and I told them I had type 1 diabetes. Mom would always get snippy with them about "going to college" stuff but no need to waste their time or make them feel bad, just tell them I'm medically unacceptable and let them get on with their day.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I don't know who Butler is but I'm ready for his jihad.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

MazelTovCocktail posted:

DAY 1 BABY!

Woooooooooo!

No, it says they have to be at least five years old.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

TL;DR: It's a clusterfuck.

It's effectively a race within the margin of error and, being a VA resident, I'm just assuming Youngkin is going to win. Even up here in Northern VA, I'm seeing more Youngkin signs than McAuliffe ones.

McAuliffe hosed almost every aspect of his campaign up. It's like he picked up Hillary's 2016 playbook and thought "I can't lose!" :downs:

Both candidates have been publicly and enthusiastically fellating whatever cops will endorse them, Terry seems to be squigged out by trans people, and nearly every McAuliffe "vote for me" ad until recently didn't feature him actually speaking to the voters.

Youngkin clearly wants to rob the state blind but he's winning the "he seems like such a nice man" race, whereas McAuliffe is running again because like Richard Gere in Officer and a Gentleman, he's got nowhere else to go.

Yeah I am extremely disappointed that McAuliffe was what the Democratic Party decided was a compelling candidate for this one. Youngkin can eat my whole rear end but he's probably going to win.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Proud Christian Mom posted:

This is before you even factor in the type of rear end in a top hat driving

yep

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Kesper North posted:

Who else here read The Big U

Right there with ya.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

pantslesswithwolves posted:

FWIW, a friend of mine with a lot of contacts in LE and the IC seem to be taking this one pretty seriously. I still am skeptical overall and won’t be altering my plans this weekend (spoiler alert: gonna go real fuckin wild walking dogs) but it’s never a bad idea to keep your eyes open and wits about you in public.

I love the constant stream of extremely credible yet strangely nonspecific threat information we're subject to in Our Nation's Capital, almost as if the federal and local cops are always looking for an reason to keep getting infinite amounts of funding.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Fallom posted:

Constant stream? I live and work in NoVA/NCR and this is the most notable one I can remember since Jan 6.

Seems like every big holiday (4July etc) there's THREAT LEVEL INFRADEAD ATTACK IMMINENT bullshit floating around. Rarely gets more than a byline in media but there's definitely cops aplenty roaming around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

FrozenVent posted:

For what it’s worth, anytime I’ve seen them in non-Arctic latitudes, they were fairly faint so you’ll want to have good night vision and be somewhere with low light pollution.

That being said they can be bright as duck at times.

:honked: