Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I can't put to words how much I hope Facebook dies for good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

drat if only they had doors with handles that are opened by keys

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

won't somebody think of the meemaws and how they will have to go get their hate filled conspiracies the old fashioned way now? :(

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I don't even know what we do as a nation get accountability in law enforcement and actually reigning them in since they'll meet protests with violence and our elected leaders are totally cool with it and will continue to back them doing violence :(

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Speaking of Bruce Campbell, October 15th will mark the 40th anniversary of the release of the classic Sam Raimi movie The Evil Dead. Bruce stars as Ash Williams, a kind of devastatingly handsome and suave everyman

Small error I corrected for you there

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

It would be pretty cool if they faced real legal consequences but drat we can't discourage tourism like that

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

That Works posted:

Hard to determine significance from just what is shown there, could just be normal variation in polling if you ran it over and over at set intervals with different folks for example.

Seems like this is most likely

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Conservatives have control of the Senate and Biden isnt going to be nominating anyone to the Supreme Court

Hope this helps

drat we're going to have to reelect leaders like Pelosi and Feinstein because they're the only ones who know how to get things done in this system :/

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I sometimes wonder if there isn’t some weird neurological component to COVID that makes people want to start fights, eschew masks and get in people’s faces to spread the virus even more.

It doesn't help that the people doing this seem to often fall in to a specific demographic that enjoys tourism and has strong thoughts on which lives matter. Maybe it's brain issues from COVID maybe they're just using this as another excuse to go rabid over There Rigths

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Countdown to Dads in Schools being done in a very white area with the result being physical and sexual assaults

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Stultus Maximus posted:

Anyone who thinks that a literal fascist takeover of America isn't coming soon is either a lot more ignorant or a lot more optimistic than I am.

https://twitter.com/TimothyDSnyder/status/1451919403491151874

I look forward to being told this belief is just doomer nonsense while nothing is done to stop it

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/exclusive-jan-6-organizers-met-congress-white-house-1245289/

drat probably going to have to cut more public spending from infrastructure bill to show the GOP they mean bipartisan business now

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I've read all the Herbert series (and more) and the new film is mega good and the only issues you'll have are if you're a bad brain haverer or such a nerd you question things being left out that nobody should care about

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

drat that is pretty bad. How much do we need to slash social welfare programs to deal with this effectively?

It's so pimp that members of Congress were instrumental to orchestrating this and will face no consequences and that it will just be shrugged at as we go in to a critical time next year where it's more important than ever to primary democratic minority women in Congress

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Ok cool we have an answer for what is being cut from the budget to show the GOP the Dems want to bipartisan after the tragic actions of certain members to try and kill tourism to our nation's capital

https://twitter.com/eleanor_mueller/status/1453458747192451078?t=ZIfd6i2CV4_nlTm2r2xNdg&s=19

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Ok cool so paid family leave isn't off the table and Manchin will keep an open mind so that means a bunch more stuff will get cut for sure

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Very tight, either the progressives back it and the DNC attempts to primary them all, or they don't back it and also the DNC attempts to primary them all just with different messaging

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1453754525593051140?t=LSqJnq9pyo_ysfZp1I-_Nw&s=19

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1453738122022248454?t=8P0TNHZaFuYLjhWNOCGp3Q&s=19

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

No way they build this as it is designed, no loving way

There needs to be a window on each door and an observation tower in the middle of each "house"/center of building first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

The usual pearl clutching is already in full effect, but why would it backfire? That is a reminder of who Youngkin's base is.

Nobody on the right cares that's the base but people who MIGHT vote blue but look for excuses not to get very upset about not doing decorum and playing nice