Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
My mom wasn’t feeling well last night, thought she had heartburn. Her husband woke up to her barely breathing and unresponsive this morning. They think she had a heart attack but they’re running tons of tests. She’s still unresponsive though so that’s not a good sign. I was going to drive the 11 hours home but as I was driving past the airport I figured I’d check for a flight and got one. I couldn’t book online so I naturally had to pay extra and the person got my last name and birthday wrong. I’m glad I didn’t try to go through security first. I have to sit here for a few hours but I’ll get there about 3 hours sooner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Thanks for the well wishes. She’s not going to make it. Sitting in an airport by yourself crying when you find out is not fun.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Well drat. Hoping you get there before she goes.

Thanks. It’s one of the many reasons I flew. Now I’m standing in a long line at northwest Arkansas regional airport trying to get a rental car and there’s only one person working. And my watch is yelling at me because my heart rate is super high while I try and hold it together. This really sucks.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Thanks everyone. For real. I got here in time but things are not good. She didn’t get enough oxygen for too long and has been getting worse throughout the day and is still very unstable. They’re doing another ct scan right now to look but the reality is that she’s already gone. We’re going to wait for the results and go from there.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Internet Wizard posted:

My part of town’s on a shelter at home order with a police perimeter because somebody decided to shoot a mailman delivering mail

Are you in Longmont? Because I am and just heard about this.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Internet Wizard posted:

Yup. Haven’t heard any more details yet. I’m expecting it to be somebody intentionally targeting a government employee, but we’ll see

I'm always amazed by the number of goons in Longmont. There were at least 3 from TFR alone there for a while.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Internet Wizard posted:

Yup. Haven’t heard any more details yet. I’m expecting it to be somebody intentionally targeting a government employee, but we’ll see

I was gonna say I'm 50/50 on some nut from Weld County or it being personal. It was the latter. They've arrested his ex girlfriend.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Crab Dad posted:

Absent fathers is the only decent answer. The rest…. Yeeeesh.

It’s also a dog whistle.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

maffew buildings posted:

Ok cool we have an answer for what is being cut from the budget to show the GOP the Dems want to bipartisan after the tragic actions of certain members to try and kill tourism to our nation's capital

https://twitter.com/eleanor_mueller/status/1453458747192451078?t=ZIfd6i2CV4_nlTm2r2xNdg&s=19

Can’t wait for the republicans to sweep the house and senate next year. What a loving waste.

Vote! lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

facialimpediment posted:

You generally have two ways of looking at this whole thing.

One is that nobody truly knows anything:

https://twitter.com/alexanderbolton/status/1453484060714709003

Two is just this comic:

https://twitter.com/elivalley/status/1453480618600374274

My personal standpoint is that there's a lot of good poo poo in the bill, but the bill currently doesn't exist because there are no words on pages. It's currently Schrodinger's bill. It exists as a vehicle for everything and nothing, depending on the time of day and who you ask.

Joe Manchin will “keep an open mind”.

Yes, I’ve also been repeatedly hit in the head with a hammer and think that’s good.