Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Godholio posted:

GODDAMNIT.

So...Verizon doesn't have poo poo for coverage at work, T-mobile doesn't give any fucks about single-line customers, and AT&T are political shitheels.

Awesome.

I live in one of those apartment complexes that has a backdoor exclusive thing with AT&T. Best I could do was cut the cord on the TV side (keeping internet) but the YouTube and Hulu DVRs were total garbage, to the point I let me wife convince me to get Uverse again.

Then they killed Uverse and made us switch to AT&T TV, which is like Hulu but now you need a box that shits the bed if you look at it funny :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
Another article I read said that the FBI received a package that had been mailed to a "foreign intelligence service" with some initial information, an encrypted contact method, and an offer of more.

Whether the "foreign intelligence service" ratted this guy out (too much trouble and they already have the intel maybe :lol:) or the suspicious document-sized package mailed to "GRU, 1 Putin Street, Moscow Russia" merited extra attention on the way wasn't clear.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Blind Rasputin posted:

As soon as the movie ended my wife, in a full theater still quietly in the afterglow of awesomeness, loudly bemoanes, “Bene Gessewhat??” I lolled. My wife is rad.

I started reading Dune on the plane today and already get this one :v:

Nuclear Tourist posted:

I've only read the first one, and to my mind the writing style really hasn't aged very gracefully. Lots of Disney movie villain dialogue like "Yes, it is I, Baron Vladimir Harkonnen, who came up with this devious plan!" which presumably sounded a lot less cringey back when the first novel came out in the 60's.

:lol: this one too

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying the book, but it definitely has its idiosyncrasies.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Terrifying Effigies posted:

Cross-posting from the OSHA thread, it looks like a smaller scale version of the prototype City Block was built by the same billionaire at U of Mich Ann Arbor back in 2015:

https://housing.umich.edu/residence-hall/munger/

https://news.umich.edu/munger-graduate-residences-opens-at-university-of-michigan/

Of course the exact same talking point and exact same concerns get raised with it.

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2013/09/24/michigan-grad-students-object-details-new-housing-unit

Looks like one of those early 20th century department stores that took up an entire city block. Charlie Munger is approximately 943 years old so that tracks.