Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Best Friends posted:

No way they're ever voting for a openly bisexual woman who was against the Iraq war even before getting that far

I figured Rs in California would rally around Catlyn Jenner, who is basically Trump 2 in career arc, disposition and politics, but no they still aren't about to ever support someone with the wrong set of identities it seems.

Well she still has time to go straight, find the Lord and a nice quaint husbeard switch to R and ride that gravy train into the sunset(of the nation).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Some doofus probally left the door propped open with a old key badge blocking the bolt so he could not have to take the keys out of his pocket.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

They gonna find dead hookers in his backyard.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

There was an exhibit at SF moma that was a canvass whited out with paint mixed with the ashes of a dead art teacher his students painted.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Austria? Uh…. Did they hear that Australia wanted subs and they were literally that dumb on every front?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

fknlo posted:

I was gonna say I'm 50/50 on some nut from Weld County or it being personal. It was the latter. They've arrested his ex girlfriend.

Was she his fletcher? Boyer? Weaponsmith?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Why the nurses striking? I’ve only heard of antivax nurses being pissy.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Zamujasa posted:

has anyone said "fartenberry" yet

completely unsurprising that the highest paid employee is a loving football coach, but if you wanna get fired to own the libs be my guest

wouldn't be surprised if they just got hired elsewhere in a covid-friendly area, though.

Send them to the plague lands, Er…. Texas. All of them. Brb investing in refrigerator containers.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Lol

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The fact that it was a cinematographer and not a co-star suggests Baldwin might've been loving around.

I also wonder if, given his politics, someone on set switched out the prop gun for a real one, and no one checked beforehand. I'm not putting real weight behind that theory, though.

Or a scene with him shooting at the camera?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

That Works posted:

Some of it discussed here in one of the subsections

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0820-9

Our analyses clearly show that SARS-CoV-2 is not a laboratory construct or a purposefully manipulated virus

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Glad it worked out for you, but it's mostly a trap people get stuck in because there's a racist or similar vintage piece of poo poo in the way.

I'm guessing the easier it is for you to pass the paper bag test, the fewer problems you'll typically encounter, but I knew guys on active duty for years, to the point of re-enlisting repeatedly because they hadn't received citizenship yet. That was 15 years ago so maybe things have improved, but I doubt by much.

Huh. Filipino guy in my boot camp got his citizenship halfway through boot. Was a touching little ceremony before we back to doing pushups or whatever.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Absent fathers is the only decent answer. The rest…. Yeeeesh.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

CainFortea posted:

Nope, it's a racist dogwhistle. Because every time that person says "absent father" they imagine a black man.

Imagine being so terrified of 14% of your population you have to stoop to these levels.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

Prosperity gospel just rubs me the wrong way. Everything about it is in radical contrast to the teachings of the guy at the top of their religion. Joshua's message was unambiguous - you will gain the kingdom of heaven by immediately getting rid of all your worldly possessions and beginning service to the poor. Megachurches are full of giftshops, coffee shops, etc. while Josh would have tossed them on their rear end like he did with the money changers.

Yeah but the original gospel is crap too with teaching you to be content with your standing. It’s very compatible with slavery.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Almost makes you wonder why religion was invented in the first place.

Well you see now if I turn the other cheek and be patient after I’m dead and no longer my masters problem I’ll get my reward.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Suicide is a crime though. No getting to your reward early.

Stupid death cult with suicide restrictions.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Kesper North posted:

"Absent fathers" was a popular racist dogwhistle coded to mean "incarcerated black males" dating back to Bush the First or possibly Reagan, I forget which.

Just in case you thought there was anything redeeming on that list!

You mean he's not actually concerned about all those incarcerated black males and wants to help them get back to being fathers? whaaaaat?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Lol 3 bone breaks… I don’t think those are connected unless they passed out getting the shot and slide off the table.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

So each person gets their own room for loving or sadly watching their choice of anime without bothering their fellow students?

I dunno doesn’t seem that bad.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

facialimpediment posted:

With rooms this tiny, I bet the sounds would bleed through headphones connected to the laptop and there really isn't room for a TV

It's essentially fine for short durations, or in certain cultures like cruise ships or sea/military deployments. But in a dorm? Might as well mandate vitamin D prescriptions with a side of marinol. Can't even smoke weed in those rooms since there's nowhere for the smoke to go!

Giant wall for a flat screen.

It’s much bigger than your living space on a Navy ship.

It’s dumb but it’s not unlivable if you toss aside the safety stuff. Which you shouldn’t.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

My Spirit Otter posted:

Its absolutely not a livable space. Youre a boatman, you should know nobody enjoys living in a space that small and its definitely not great for your mental health.

Edit also youre getting paid to live on a boat youre paying $stupid to live in a dorm

? Our spaces were even smaller and you can’t even gently caress in them because of the bunk or the wall above them. My issue with these isn’t the private rooms or even the lack of windows it’s the hilarious inadequate bathrooms and showers. All it takes is one guy unwilling to jack it in his bunk to make everyone in that pod lose potty access for big block of time.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

8 people to a shitter is boot camp numbers.

Please tell me the shitters in this building won't have doors. That's always the icing on the cake.

Navy boot had at least 6 heads and 6 urinals per dorm. All but 2 each were off limits so we could keep them clean(we had to clean them anyway but at least it was easy). However nobody could just close the door and keep you from using the sink and shower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Not sure if I want to wake up for that. Supposedly at 3-4 or so.