Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

pokemon of regular names

Khanstant posted:

here is Gordon

Plant MONSTER. posted:

this is Paul his tuque is his upper lip

Khanstant posted:

pm said to do gertie so here gertie

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Oct 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

If he's letting it go that close I hope he's up for this being a weekly PT event.

Although, props to him for trying to catch and release, in SC it's illegal NOT to kill one that's been captured and that's some ole bullshit.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

fknlo posted:

My mom wasn’t feeling well last night, thought she had heartburn. Her husband woke up to her barely breathing and unresponsive this morning. They think she had a heart attack but they’re running tons of tests. She’s still unresponsive though so that’s not a good sign. I was going to drive the 11 hours home but as I was driving past the airport I figured I’d check for a flight and got one. I couldn’t book online so I naturally had to pay extra and the person got my last name and birthday wrong. I’m glad I didn’t try to go through security first. I have to sit here for a few hours but I’ll get there about 3 hours sooner.

:sympathy: hope she's ok bro

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

I'm so sorry man, stay safe and take care of you.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Shim's intel officer post.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The fact that a major world religion is built on a 3,000 year tradition of barracks lawyering is one of the most convincing arguments for God's existence I've ever heard.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

this seems fine

https://mobile.twitter.com/pitdesi/status/1445118812659933187

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

the russian space program has just been hurled into a cone of silence

https://arstechnica.com/science/2021/10/russia-tells-its-space-reporters-to-stop-reporting-on-the-space-program/

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I made a foamboard gallery tag and stuck on the abandoned supermarket across the street a few years ago and can't find the pics now :/

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

can't help but note the orange county pipeline break is technically in international waters in the indo-pacific region

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

you're giving tennessee way too much credit if you think they thought up an original life-wrecking child jail scam instead of just stealing pennsylvania's.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kids_for_cash_scandal

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Lake of Methane posted:

Yesterday, Texas Governor Abbott issued an executive order to suspend all statues that would allow a private party to compel someone to get a COVID shot (notionally addressing the employers making vaccination a condition of employment).

Today his opponent called him out
…because the Texas Department of Family & Protective Services website had a page that discussed LGBTQ and gender identity issues for teens.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/politics/texas/article/Prompted-by-Abbott-primary-challenger-Texas-16525826.php

The (D) Lt. Gov. of North Carolina did a similar stupid and then doubled down it this week

https://abc11.com/mark-robinson-nc-lt-governor-jeff-jackson-gov/11099093/

Vote Blue No Matter Who posted:

'There's no reason anybody anywhere in America should be telling any child about transgenderism, homosexuality, any of that filth," he is heard saying in the video. "Yes, I called it filth. And if you don't like that I called it filth, come see me and I'll explain it to you."

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Nick Soapdish posted:

Mark Keith Robinson is an American politician serving as the 35th lieutenant governor of North Carolina since 2021. A member of the Republican Party, he is the first African-American to hold the office.

well gently caress me, I was sure SC was the only state still dumb enough to elect gov & lt gov on separate tickets

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

In real important news, Smash Mouth has broken up after 27 years after the frontman told a fan "I will loving kill your family I swear to god" from the stage.

He still has not eaten the eggs.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I found a good post

Jock Jazz

How Wonderful! posted:

*the hometown boys are running onto the court, taking their hype lap... everybody is cheering, the tunes are getting everybody's blood up... it's loving Hoop Dreams in here... all the fans are wearing turtle necks and taking careful notes... its Pharoah Monk's seminal 1970 recording "Deaf Dumb Blind (Summun Bukmun Umyun)" and all the hot jocks down on court are also pulling out huge cushions and sitting down on the court... joining hands to smoke that sweet bud together and just soak in the music... the vibe is impeccable.... my eyes are closed, I'm on a journey with the boys... the ultimate tailgate.... now the ref is taking off his belt and viciously beating the away team for being pricks and trying to score baskets and dribble the ball while everybody else is just vibing... come on boys get into the flow with us.... put the basketball down and put your consciousness up....*

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

MA-Horus posted:

As someone who works in manufacturing

LMFAO, they are gonna have some truly magnificent QA issues. Might only kill a few management scabs though.

The machinery will not survive being operated by engineers long enough to run bad parts, and you know this.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

One of my favorite scandi movies "Kraftidioten" which I think more or less is a difficult to translate word that refers to a person who embodies the concept that "idiots are too clever to stop from being idiots" had the most boring title translation to "In order of disappearance."

I fell like without the knowing the original title the really dry dark humor of the movie doesn't work as well.

the better fool

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Pizzagate 100% was created to discredit the very real facts around Jeffrey Epstein and anyone who believes otherwise is the biggest rube in the world

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

facialimpediment posted:

You're right, I just don't see "labor shortage" as such a negatively-loaded term. What's turned out interesting is that in the current climate, the federal minimum wage and the big congressional fight (that amounted to nothing) turned out to be irrelevant. EVERYONE around here is offering $14-15/hour jobs in a $10 minimum wage state and they're having trouble finding takers because the work sucks.

I don't remember a similar situation in my lifetime, so it's a loving nice change.

From June: https://twitter.com/dannydeurbina/status/1408138657664491526

gonna demand the democratic party mandate the only election ad any candidate is allowed to run is this clip, with their name and approval of this message at the end.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

also if you as a juror have actual technical understanding and use that out-of-character knowledge in deliberations you're opening yourself to contempt charges

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

https://www.justice.gov/usao-nj/pr/juror-fined-11000-conducting-outside-research-during-criminal-trial-and-causing-mistrial

You consider anything outside the actual presentations to the court, no matter how incomplete or misleading they may be, at your peril.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

should be pretty easy in this case, "it's like if every time you asked for your account statement they mailed you a crate with their entire file cabinet"

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Zamujasa posted:

has anyone said "fartenberry" yet

completely unsurprising that the highest paid employee is a loving football coach,

this is true in 29 states and in 10 of the remaining 21, it's a basketball coach.

Shoutout to the Grand Forks ND School District Superintendendent for outearning the governor though.

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Oct 19, 2021

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The BHR incident report leaked, lots of blame up and down the MX chain of command but little to no contemplation of manning issues as a contributing factor. Prescription: More dockside audits. Navy gonna navy.

https://news.usni.org/2021/10/19/long-chain-of-failures-left-sailors-unprepared-to-fight-uss-bonhomme-richard-investigation-finds

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

so IATSE is definitely going on strike now right?

Also, please don't be too quick to judge Actor Alec Baldwin, it's unfair for an actor to get blamed for accidents like this caused by corner cutting and incompetence. Responsibility for that must be assigned correctly, flowing up the chain of responsibility to the ultimate financial decisionmaker on this set, Producer Alec Baldwin.

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Oct 22, 2021

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

shame on an IGA posted:

so IATSE is definitely going on strike now right?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I wanted to say that but my friend keeps finding really cool stuff movies on it.

oh poo poo yeah the also ran streaming services occasionally do have a diamond in the rough, like one day years ago I was on IDK Crackle or some poo poo and stumbled across Enemies Of The People and it is the most absolute gutpunch of a film I have ever seen, makes Come And See look like an episode of Barney the Dinosaur.

so this dude Tet Sambath, his entire family got merc'd in the killing fields when he was 4 goes into the jungles of cambodia in the late 200x's and interviews khmer rouge peeps, they share their damage, and eventually gets in tight with Pol Pot's second in command and gets literally days of interviews on film with him before dropping a truth bomb and diming him out. The only comparison I have, the only film that is even remotely similar at least that I have seen is Herzog's Little Dieter Needs To Fly. Both are highly reccommended.

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Oct 23, 2021

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

no u

like dude seriously you're having a poo poo your pants meltdown in GiP like every week and we're all sick of it

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Oct 23, 2021

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I need to see their "contentious woman" definition

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Are all these descriptors OR'd together, or AND'd together? If AND'd, only Trump and a few other slimebags could be this described.

XOR, if you only check one box you're not cool enough to hang with the big JC

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

service implies access to citizenship for CIB recipients who start a business that operates for three years in disadvantaged communities.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

it's fun to reply to that with "I thought a rising tide lifts all boats?" and watch them meltdown

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Ehh, not the same, really. I bet whoever said it meant like, "liberal indoctrination of our youth through universities to worship the works of Darwin believe anything that in any way challenges my desire to hold absolute dominion over them until I die"

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Nah just go for it, the world building in the novel is fantastic right out of the gate and only gets better as it continues you can absolutely just spend a long afternoon just going on the weird ride through Herbert's atmospherics

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Almost makes you wonder why religion was invented in the first place.

Matthew 6 is my favorite part of the gospel, because no american christian has read or understood it and they love trying to explain their way out of it.

Matthew 5:29 is a lot of fun to throw back at the dress code types.

If your eye leads you to sin, pluck it out and cast it away.

"Oh, she's dressed like a hoe? Sounds like a you problem bro, so sayeth the lord :dealwithit:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Blind Rasputin posted:

I think a lot of people forget that nobody actually knows how many parts there are to “history of the world” because the amount of history there is to tell keeps changing.

I survived The End Of History and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

well now I just want to go read Hadji Murat again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

facialimpediment posted:

Counterpoint, this is how they get you:

Fuckin destroyed democracy, killed off the news industry, and made billions of dollars just to leave us this Second Life-rear end bullshit.

And yeah, Congressional bills are like triple-spaced, half-paged things written in Olde English.

Edit: https://twitter.com/BrandyLJensen/status/1453791100066533381

I hope Metta World Peace sues their asses off for trademark infringement