Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

gently caress man, I’m sorry. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Note that Sinema left DC in the middle of negotiations in the senate while scolding other democrats for not being honest. She claimed she was leaving for a doctor’s appt for her foot. Instead she was flying to AZ for a weekend retreat put on by her PAC with her biggest donors.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Sinema’s old tweets (from when she was a normal person making $32k/yr) are full of things like saying we need higher taxes on the wealthy, a $15 minimum wage, and many other progressive policy planks.

Now that she’s had a taste of the good life she is 100% gently caress the poor.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

iirc, it was not a person elevator, but an equipment one. He was also not a tesla employee, but a contractor. He reported racist bullshit from both tesla and his employer. His employer took corrective action. Tesla, well, they're paying $130m because they don't fix racism problems when they arise - they exacerbate them.

This guy is lucky because he somehow was able to avoid the arbitration agreement.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

orange juche posted:

Sabbath mode is a neat as gently caress elevator function

The kosher switch lightswitch is pretty nifty as well. There's no work being done! All you do is move a little piece of plastic and wait for a random photon to be emitted. Quantum mechanics saves the day.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

A Bad Poster posted:

I'm sure omnipotent beings are cool about it when you show up to the afterlife and go "well technically."

According to the Jewish faith, he is totally cool with it. The Torah is not in heaven. It’s on Earth, and the laws of the rabbis per the covenant with g*d are upheld as correct.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Friend of mine just said she saw news of a school shooting in Texas.

Also an oil tank in Texas City is busted and is spilling hundreds of thousands of gallons of crude onto the ground.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Pine Cone Jones posted:

Are there any updates on the moderna booster shots?

I believe they've been submitted for approval and are on the board's agenda with the 5-11 pfizer and the j&j booster.

Of note, iirc, the spikevax third shot is half the dose of the first two so it hopefully won't wreck people as bad.

Also, of note, spikevax is still doing well if you're not old or immunocompromised. I'm ready to get mine, too. Just waiting on the go ahead from the VA and I'm rolling in for my stick.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Texas abortion ban back in effect thanks to an emergency appeal by indicted felon ken paxton and a stay on the district court’s decision.

The fifth circuit is going to rubber stamp texas’ argument that the feds have no standing and the scotus will deny cert. i don’t see a way out of this.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

From what I’ve read, this is standard saber rattling and doesn’t really go past the rhetoric they’ve always used.

Reminder that the US, Japan, and others just got done with some westpac wargames, and one doesn’t have to think too hard to imagine who would be the hostile nation in those ops.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

It was funny watching ESPN cover all of the horrible poo poo Gruden said while he was in their employ.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I hope he gets the help he needs.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Smashmouth did eat some of the eggs. Docevil, though, would not eat any of the eggs because they were too spicy. Docevil got punked by guy, smashmouth, and the mascot for the san jose sharks.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Fifth circuit put a stay pending appeal (without opinion) on the district court judge's finding that SB8 is unconstitutional. They're likely going to rule in Texas' favor saying that the united states has no standing to sue because the people sued cannot enforce the law. The SCOTUS is going let that stand. Meanwhile, we can't politicize the courts because that would undermine their legitimacy.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

In America, your CEO ends your company’s parental leave and daycare allowance while also getting a private daycare put in next to their office. (Marissa Mayer did this at Yahoo!)

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Sacrist65 posted:

This woman microdosed halfway through "The Watchmen" without realizing this article was due by midnight.

My dumb guy understanding into the Senator's thought process is:
1. John McCain = good
2. John McCain votes against own party
3. I vote against own party
4. I = good
5. Brunch

Nah. She had a $32k/yr job 9 years ago. Now she gets $100k over the weekend. It’s easy to see where she is. She was bought off.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

When you’re 84, you’ve got like a 1 in 5 chance of dying in any given year, and that probability continues its asymptotic rise to 1 from there.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

If y'all didn't see, the SCOTUS granted cert before judgment in both the Mississippi abortion case and the appeal from the DoJ suit against Texas. Of particular note, they left in place the stay issued by the fifth circuit of the ruling that the Texas law was unconstitutional. Oral argument set for November 1.

Sotomayor concurs in part and dissents in part. Leaving the stay in place from the fifth seems to indicate they're going to say that the DoJ cannot sue and the district court cannot enjoin the state for SB8.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/21pdf/21a85_5h25.pdf

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

facialimpediment posted:

I'm rapidly souring on the chances of the whole thing - it's pretty clear the supreme court is going to toss it on standing grounds, and if they don't, that circuit basically believes abortion is murder in all cases, even if the pregnancies are rape/incest-induced.

Strategic stupidity of "well shucks, we haven't seen this enforcement mechanism, let's wait a few years" while the conservative justices all appear with McConnell in "We're not political!" rallies. My vasectomy recovery is taking goddamn forever and I don't regret it a single bit.

I don't want to be a doomer, but I believe that Roe is dead before the end of the year.

If they are going to rule in the DoJ and abortion providers' favor, why would they leave the fifth circuit stay in place? The only justification I can fathom is malice: to make it hurt as hard as possible for women before giving them a fig leaf, but if they are actively malicious in that way, there's no reason for them to leave Roe in place. Thus I return to the same conclusion.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Mea culpa. I misread it as a consolidation of the miss and tx case. Instead its a consolidation of the two texas cases.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

This might turn into something really loving funny:

https://twitter.com/the_cancel_mob/status/1452089760441372678

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Megachurches exist because:
1: Massive tax evasion.
2: To tell rich/well off white people that god wants them to be well off, and those that aren’t are in that situation because of their own choices.

They entirely exist to help assuage white guilt and dodge taxes.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Basticle posted:

I got the J&J vaccine in April, only had some minor aches and joint pains,nothing some Advil couldn't take care of. I'm getting the Moderna booster Wednesday, should I expect it to kick my rear end?

My booster experience with Spikevax is that the booster isn't as bad as dose #2. For #2 I started feeling really crappy the day after the shot and had fevers sporadically for the next 24 hours or so, and then the third night after the shot woke up drenched in sweat. I had body/joint aches for a few days after.

For booster I started feeling crappy next day again, but only had one mild fever that broke that night. However, I still felt crappy the next day, and today I have some mild joint pain and still feel a bit rundown.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Prosperity gospel just rubs me the wrong way. Everything about it is in radical contrast to the teachings of the guy at the top of their religion. Joshua's message was unambiguous - you will gain the kingdom of heaven by immediately getting rid of all your worldly possessions and beginning service to the poor. Megachurches are full of giftshops, coffee shops, etc. while Josh would have tossed them on their rear end like he did with the money changers.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Pelosi has put the senate infrastructure bill up for a house vote today. This either means that Manchin and Sinema agreed to the other bill that has been watered down to poo poo or it's completely dead and they're moving on to infrastructure.

Lets stop arguing about idiot actors doing idiot things and read this really good twitter thread instead:

https://twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/1453552780002607105

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Paid parental leave has been axed from the senate bill. Progressives are looking to tank the infrastructure vote in the house as Manchin and Sinema have not yet formally agreed to the reconciliation bill. Obama is making statements about how better things are wanted and were promised but just aren’t possible.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Y’all see this horseshit about unspecified online threats from ISIS causing NoVA police to fill up the malls in droves?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

boop the snoot posted:

I’m 75% sure that the threat is a Republican false flag to make people scared of immigrants and refugees.

It feels like the usual suspects trying to drag us into another war in the middle east.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Mike Flynn continues to do his best to overthrow our government.

https://twitter.com/ronfilipkowski/status/1454787359032098818?s=21