Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

fknlo posted:

Thanks for the well wishes. She’s not going to make it. Sitting in an airport by yourself crying when you find out is not fun.

take care of yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I'm so proud of myself that I only recognize like three names on that list and watch *absolutely none of them*.

asmongold (prolific shitposter), shroud (true pro elite gamer), and amauranth (bikini hot tub streamer)

:haw:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

hobbesmaster posted:

If no other ship is reporting a collision what are the options other than a seamount?

id say it depends on how close it is to one of the fake islands the chinese have built in the area. and if it might be another spot they are trying to build one.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

they do this every year. but they have been ramping up the 'you must take 2 system 1 china' thing

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

FrozenVent posted:

Taiwan’s claimed airspace extends over mainland China.

so you're saying the chinese adiz extendeds over the rest of china? :D

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
you cant cut wizard funding! you will regret this!

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
stop saying labor shortage. its a loving pay shortage. as evidenced by the strikes and people quitting.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

facialimpediment posted:

You're right, I just don't see "labor shortage" as such a negatively-loaded term. What's turned out interesting is that in the current climate, the federal minimum wage and the big congressional fight (that amounted to nothing) turned out to be irrelevant. EVERYONE around here is offering $14-15/hour jobs in a $10 minimum wage state and they're having trouble finding takers because the work sucks.

I don't remember a similar situation in my lifetime, so it's a loving nice change.

From June: https://twitter.com/dannydeurbina/status/1408138657664491526

Ya. Even home depot is raising starting wages.

The pandemic has amplified the pay issue. Who the gently caress wants to risk their life for crap pay.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Plenty of blank firing revolvers with plugged barrels out there too.

a plugged barrel gun shooting blanks is what killed brandon lee iirc

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

:perfect:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

orange juche posted:

Some parents figured out how to stop fights at their kids schools:

https://twitter.com/BrandiKruse/status/1452000998797438977?s=20

this works 100% because they are not cops or part of the school staff. they are actual family and no one wants to be embarrassed with family around.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Generation Internet posted:

Is it common for American recruiters to cold call/text people? I've seen a few screenshots like this and it's always weirded me out.

I've had cold texts and calls from navy and marine recruiters for my daughter for 5 years. Got one last week from a marine recruiter who sent nearly the same exact message 1 year ago.

edit : her highschool never had her personal phone number.

ded fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Oct 25, 2021

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Milo and POTUS posted:

Good news, they probably bought that info off of one of the companies that does have it lol

It's not in her name. So nope. :smug:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Milo and POTUS posted:

I mean obama didn't really help himself. What a tremendous misuse of potential

Change we can believe in!

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
So were they trying to add more paid family leave or what exactly is the deal

Adbot