Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

kntfkr posted:

"And but so"

~David Foster Walmart

this is what I came here for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

https://youtu.be/1KfFJz9n1ao

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
so what gay dad

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

so what gay dad

i miss that guy, he was pretty funny

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
so rry about your thread

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Simone Magus posted:

so, I can't stand how everyone always starts every sentence with "so.."

so it's really kind of destroying me

so like, cut it out

Some Japanese emigrate to USA, certain other Americans overhear "a so des ka" and imitate the Ah So part which turns into a schoolyard taunt aimed at ironically predominantly Chinese immigrants which were far greater in number after the Chinese Exclusion Act was trashed. A line of sauces named for this turn of phrase with the unsurprising effect of carrying the phrase to the next generation becomes quite popular over the next century. David Carradine even inexplicably says it in Kill Bill Vol.2. Fast forward to the recent past, where Jesse Watters can fail upwards with his refreshingly old school overt Asian racism and the spectre of COVID-19 can apparently compel some folks to beat on Asians, it's never been more clear that we as a nation need to gather our political will once again and do what we do best: start a crowd sourced movement to deplatform anyone who says "So" with a fake Chinese accent by Ronald Reagan's abandoned Star Wars missile defense system concealed inside the supposedly never-finished Landsat 4 and 5 project unjustly wrested from NUMA and then firing the so-called "Rods from God" at them. Hi, Clive Cussler Jr. here, I hope you'll all consider checking out my new novel Lightning Rod. Thanks

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

Some Japanese emigrate to USA, certain other Americans overhear "a so des ka" and imitate the Ah So part which turns into a schoolyard taunt aimed at ironically predominantly Chinese immigrants which were far greater in number after the Chinese Exclusion Act was trashed. A line of sauces named for this turn of phrase with the unsurprising effect of carrying the phrase to the next generation becomes quite popular over the next century. David Carradine even inexplicably says it in Kill Bill Vol.2. Fast forward to the recent past, where Jesse Watters can fail upwards with his refreshingly old school overt Asian racism and the spectre of COVID-19 can apparently compel some folks to beat on Asians, it's never been more clear that we as a nation need to gather our political will once again and do what we do best: start a crowd sourced movement to deplatform anyone who says "So" with a fake Chinese accent by Ronald Reagan's abandoned Star Wars missile defense system concealed inside the supposedly never-finished Landsat 4 and 5 project unjustly wrested from NUMA and then firing the so-called "Rods from God" at them. Hi, Clive Cussler Jr. here, I hope you'll all consider checking out my new novel Lightning Rod. Thanks

holy poo poo. Uhh, OP is an idiot, but, I don't think they meant any of that

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

holy poo poo. Uhh, OP is an idiot, but, I don't think they meant any of that

So?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

ouch

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Posts that end with it are even worse, so

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

So Amber was wearing the same shade of lipstick as Ashley and like Amber was wearing it so much better and like a bucket of pigs blood was dumped on some geek or something but like anyway and you will NOT believe who Jessica was there with

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
So so so, OP. This is what you've become now? This?

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
reap

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!
Fun Shoe

heavy liquid posted:

sew a button

On your coat

Frances Nurples
May 11, 2008

shameful loving cover. maybe the worst on the album. oh wait isn't their tuesday's gone on that one? ok so maybe second worst.

edit: so i have no idea why i came off so aggro here, sorry. i stand by my statement it's a bad cover though.

Frances Nurples fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Oct 2, 2021

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

So me a good time sugar ;-*

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Vastarien posted:

so was a p good peter gabriel album.

just say the word.. So Sossodio

Cryomancer
Jan 22, 2005

Indeed.
I first heard this kind of "so" in the I.T. industry, and it bugged me to the point of distraction. I looked up its roots, and apparently, it started in the 70s in the scientific community and it basically means "Lemme tell you a little story about this..." It's a way for the speaker to capture the conversation being had and explain some poo poo. It's stupid and annoying.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

i have a rod from god for you pal

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy
So literally awesome amazing off of stuff could of might of setup used as a verb.

Frazzbo
Feb 2, 2006

Thistle dubh
Could be worse. The implied aggression in "Look, ..." really gets up my goat.

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
so buttons

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

There are so many worse ways to start a sentence op.

I mean,

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
so post very poo poo
dogememe.jpg

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
So what? Dad gay!

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHf07NTdw3I

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
This thread is so so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

So why was there no aerator operating until the 55 second mark? They were wasting so much water!