Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Just found this thread and the presence of pod filters is distressing but I'll bite my tongue.

What made you go for the 18" nc30 wheel? I can't imagine they're easier to get tyres for than they were ~10 years ago when I had one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

gently caress yeah!!! The best bike in the world returns!

They are jetted a little lean out of the box, iirc I stepped my pilot jet up a little and when I got a noisy muffler, shimmed the needle a bit.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Gorson posted:

This thing is being strangled by the pilot jet (17.5 lmao) do you remember what you went up to? Internet says #20.

I think 22? But I know I went a bit too big and had to run only half a turn on the screw so 20 sounds right.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Gorson posted:

Internet also says 130 main but I don't think that will do any good on this bike. You wouldn't happen to know if there's a short choke knob that fits this carb? I'd prefer that over the cable operated one. I'd also like to swap in a manual petcock.

I know it's possible to do but I don't know which particular one it is, as I've seen one set up that way. I wouldn't bother upping the main unless you're doing exhaust and intake mods, in which case the needle is your first port of call anyway.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Maybe take the plugs out of the wing before your turn it over as one of the cylinders might be filled with coolant

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

It also shatters more easily than glass. 99% of my experience with bakelite is breaking it

Soichiro expects you to handle the pump with care.

Fwiw 90's German cars use plastic impellers, I'd much rather have bakelite.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I'll take one in rothman's or classic HRC livery. My Nigerian father in law is forwarding the deposit as we speak.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The vibe is Honda don't know what they're doing anymore, like a war hero with Alzheimer's, and only one man is brave enough to take matters into his own hands and do what's right.

Double round headlights, single sided swingarms and shamelessly extruded frame spars are of cultural and/or religious significance.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Excellent work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Nc30/rc30 style left hand pipe is the only acceptable configuration now that you've done what you've done.