Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I just finished watching the series. Pretty good up until the ending, but a lot of shows have really lovely endings that should wrap up long before they do but they just stretch things out to try and tie up plot holes / plot lines.

Would have been nice to actually have any worthwhile dialog between the old man and Gi-hun at the end, as it was it was pretty much pointless... Even though it was pretty obvious to me that there was something odd about the old man even from the 1st episode...

And about the dumb cop storyline...

And honestly actually, the same could be said with the cop finding out the front man was his brother. You really learn nothing from it and I think it'd be really hard to write him back in and be like, no he didn't actually die! He managed to only get show near his heart and fall into the ocean totally conscious and able to survive because he is John McClane in season 2. Squid Game: Die harder

Also it seems pretty clear to me why the series has gotten so popular. Even though it doesn't do a lot new, the overall writing and cast is really good and carries any minor complaints on the overall show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Also Netflix probably pays more to series creators if they leave themselves open to getting even more money if Netflix wants to order more seasons.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The Ninth Layer posted:

I got the impression cop guy was found and incinerated? Would have to watch again but the way I remember it being cut there was a scene shortly after he gets shot of a coffin being pushed into the incinerator that I assumed was Front-Man putting his brother fully behind him.

Pretty much just finished watching the last 2 episodes this morning so...

They didn't show the incinerator or a coffin at all until the girl was killed, so obviously it's her that's getting incarnated. But also I'm pretty sure just falling off the cliff from that height into the water would be hard to survive. Much less so if you got shot and couldn't do an Olympic dive into the water...

It was kind of funny though that the front man doesn't wear a bulletproof vest or anything being surrounded by people with guns...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

screaden posted:

Get ready for a lot of O,X and △ halloween costumes

Please. All you need a shirt & a hoodie with 3 numbers on it. Costume done! You can even just sew on the 456 to your shirt, easy as poo poo.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Maybe that's just what Korean's think American billionaires are like?

Or maybe it's a bit of casting payback for all the American TV shows and films with bad Asian actors?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

withak posted:

Squid Show costumes are cultural appropriation, don’t do it.

Yea, also don't participate in any cosplay or comic cons!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

lezard_valeth posted:

Also honest question, can someone realistically be that good at that paper turning game the Salesman was nailing at the beginning or was he somehow cheating because like wtf :psyduck:

I think that's for sure the type of game someone would be able to be really good at. But also maybe he's not supposed to win that many times in a row and Gi-hun is just really bad at gambling games?

As to the rest, the show does a pretty good job of showing there's not actually any good guys involved in the Squid Game, they are all pieces of poo poo in society. Which is why they can all be abducted to go play the game and not a single one's loved one actually calls the authorities to report them missing or anything. (Even the old man who comes off as an odd nice guy in the series turns out to be a piece of poo poo behind it all...[/spoiler)

Maybe you could argue that Sye Bwok and Abdul Ali are not total pieces of poo poo though I guess.

As for the organs, there is for sure a few plot points in the show that just end without having any real meaning to the actual plot of the show. The organs & the cop reveal are both relatively pointless to the actual plot of the show. [spoiler]Even the old man revealing he is behind the games is pretty much pointless to the plot

And even the VIPs, they actually don't add anything to the show. Although I don't mind the bad western acting as it's relatively normal for media across the globe to get how foreigners to their country actually should act...

In total honestly, you could probably turn off and just stop watching the last episode once Gi-hun wins and sees he actually got the money at the end. The rest of it after does absolutely gently caress all to the plot or story of the show.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

ymgve posted:

I'm glad I didn't really have to understand the rules of the squid game, because I couldn't follow those at all.

They didn't really matter to the show anyway. The Squid Game at the end is just a fight to the death :lol:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Foehammer007 posted:

if you pick red packet instead of blue do you become worker???

They seem to be pretty well trained though, likely at least a majority of the crew are experienced with running the games... Trained well enough to shoot people in a crowded / chaotic game without shooting the wrong people... Also without hesitation.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Teek posted:

Yeah, this is so blindingly obvious I have to question why this is still brought up by people. Do people own phones that somehow lose tons of power when turning off and on? Huh? Why is this confusing?

People just leave their Wi-Fi on and the networks are all cheap shits so they check for a Wi-Fi connection constantly to get you off their 5G network, even when there's not one around....

Some folks are just unable to do the basic poo poo to get their phone battery to last a while. Like just turn off Wi-Fi and Location and you probably got 24+ hours on your phone battery :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Krispy Wafer posted:

That was Nickelodeon's model also, except for them it was because teen actors aren't usually teens anymore after 3 seasons.

Maybe Netflix's algorithm concluded that bingeing has diminishing returns for any show over 30 episodes.

It's because after the 3rd seasons the actors and creators start asking for more money and Netflix is like, um no gently caress outta here.