Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

BUG JUG posted:

Professional opinion: never. We had a chance after the Civil War but we squandered it.

I disagree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

no idiot, I was born in the same year as the Terminator

You were born in the future?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Nigmaetcetera posted:

You were born in the future?

no, I was born in the past.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I've lived in America the past 46 years and it's been pretty great, opm

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

no, I was born in the past.

I dont believe it

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
It was pretty cool when we poo poo all over the limeys and then also when we saved the limeys from the nazis but other than that not a whole lot i guess.

Dunno, landing on the moon was pretty cool too

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Nooner posted:

It was pretty cool when we poo poo all over the limeys and then also when we saved the limeys from the nazis but other than that not a whole lot i guess.

Dunno, landing on the moon was pretty cool too

We never got any of their limes in the end

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

We never got any of their limes in the end

lemons were better, oranges were the best

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Lay out your thesis.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

BUG JUG posted:

Lay out your thesis.

America was always a hateful place.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

the Portuguese were probably here in the late 1100's

this is the first I've ever heard of this. What are you talking about?

I also heard that the Chinese may have sailed to the west coast much earlier than the 1400s and just didn't thrive (all died fast) but there doesn't seem to be a lot of evidence for that.

any it would have been cool to be an Apache warrior

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

America was always a hateful place.

Correct. But after the Civil War, there was a brief moment where we may have been able to dismantle some of the hatred. That failed though, because we are built on an Indian burial ground.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

this is the first I've ever heard of this. What are you talking about?

I also heard that the Chinese may have sailed to the west coast much earlier than the 1400s and just didn't thrive (all died fast) but there doesn't seem to be a lot of evidence for that.

any it would have been cool to be an Apache warrior

the Portuguese where selling fish that you could only catch during the off season. where did they catch them?

It would have been cool to be an apache warrior.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

BUG JUG posted:

Correct. But after the Civil War, there was a brief moment where we may have been able to dismantle some of the hatred. That failed though, because we are built on an Indian burial ground.

we also put a statue of Robert Lee on it

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

we also put a statue of Robert Lee on it

Many such statues. Also Nathan Bedford Forrest.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
This seems p great, but it was a long time ago

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

BUG JUG posted:

Many such statues. Also Nathan Bedford Forrest.

loving losers.

nvidiagouge
Sep 30, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
America became great by accident after Europe poo poo the bed and we've just been kind of coasting on that momentum ever since. That's why we're so bad at being great, too - we didn't really win it ourselves, everyone else just self-owned real hard and we got lucky in the aftermath.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
If you only lived in Denver and never ventured outside of it you would think America was pretty cool. But you didn't. You just HAD to check out Tennessee and now the genie is never going back in the bottle.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

nvidiagouge posted:

America became great by accident after Europe poo poo the bed and we've just been kind of coasting on that momentum ever since. That's why we're so bad at being great, too - we didn't really win it ourselves, everyone else just self-owned real hard and we got lucky in the aftermath.

yeah, we didn't care for a while, then we kicked the poo poo out of the Nazi, then we became an empire

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

If you think about it, America only started when they made the country....

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

If you think about it, America only started when they made the country....

if you really think about it there where people before they called it a country

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIYag5MWhPU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrgpZ0fUixs

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

xdirtypinkox posted:

I heard if you don't love it you can leave it bud. :patriot:

The State Department wants to soak me a $110 for a passport.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUZWjC19pcg

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

On June 12, 1993, I sat in a movie theater at age twelve and watched Jurassic Park, and for two hours, America was great.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

This Is the Zodiac posted:

On June 12, 1993, I sat in a movie theater at age twelve and watched Jurassic Park, and for two hours, America was great.

:hmmyes:

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I'm campaigning for president with the slogan MAGFO

Make America Great For Once

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

By the end of that video, my desire to stomp the gently caress out of that sanctimonious shithead reaches teeth-grinding levels. I mean, he starts with good points, but the second he goes into Boomerspeak ‘Back in the day……’ horseshit, he should instead jump dickfirst into a boiling cauldron. This country, like all countries, was always hosed.

It’s my fault for clicking on the loving thing.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

JnnyThndrs posted:

By the end of that video, my desire to stomp the gently caress out of that sanctimonious shithead reaches teeth-grinding levels. I mean, he starts with good points, but the second he goes into Boomerspeak ‘Back in the day……’ horseshit, he should instead jump dickfirst into a boiling cauldron. This country, like all countries, was always hosed.

It’s my fault for clicking on the loving thing.

I'm dumb as hell, probably my fault for making this thread.
Sorry I'm an idiot

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Pussys just used to be wetter back then

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

i must compose posted:

When there were big fuckoff dinosaurs probably. Or before colonialism your pick.

Things were pretty good immediately after groundbreaking on the gulf of Mexico project.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
America was great when Nancy Reagan was out there sucking all the dicks. Back then, you could afford a house and car for your family on a single salary because ol’ Nance was out there gulping goo and keeping inflation at bay. But then her dumbfuck husband just had to be President and royally hosed everything up forever, just because he didn’t think it was right for a First Lady to be dishing out dome the way she was, but that was the only thing keeping the capitalists in check.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Pussys just used to be wetter back then

back when?

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

America was great when Nancy Reagan was out there sucking all the dicks. Back then, you could afford a house and car for your family on a single salary because ol’ Nance was out there gulping goo and keeping inflation at bay. But then her dumbfuck husband just had to be President and royally hosed everything up forever, just because he didn’t think it was right for a First Lady to be dishing out dome the way she was, but that was the only thing keeping the capitalists in check.

what?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Ten Cent Beer Night

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Ten Cent Beer Night

the only time america was great

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Never op but it'll be great in the microseconds following its fall and ultimate dissolution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Colonel Cancer posted:

Never op but it'll be great in the microseconds following its fall and ultimate dissolution

when is that going to happen?