Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I am more shocked we did not get a Squid game sketch

You’ll get one tonight (unless it’s cut, of course.) Scuttlebutt also shows another Please Don’t Destroy on deck for tonight, and a non-political cold open possibly?

In the commercial front, keep an eye out for a Southwest Airlines spot in the first break, thinking it may be some sort of apology for the shenanigans this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

:lol: Kenan rocking the Star Trek glasses a few days after William Shatner went to space...

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

did Bowen Yang stack the audience or something

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
i havent watched squid game yet so i dont appreciate these spoilers

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

clapping like a seal because I recognize the reference to the show I watched

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

feel like this sucks poo poo so far

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

What even was that sketch

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Melissa is so good

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Ok, this one is fun

pwn
May 27, 2004

A galaxy... of puppies??

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

pwn posted:

A galaxy... of puppies??

I’ve been pwn’d

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Oh you’re gecafe lmao

pwn
May 27, 2004

That Chris Redd bit was great.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

This is so dumb but so good

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
When Melissa Villaseñor did her Kristen Wiig impression, my wife got excited and said, "I think that's her!"

I love it when they have a cast member do an impression of the host. It isn't done often, but I love it. I don't know if they've ever had the host do the cast member who was doing the host, though. I loved it.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

tarlibone posted:

When Melissa Villaseñor did her Kristen Wiig impression, my wife got excited and said, "I think that's her!"

I love it when they have a cast member do an impression of the host. It isn't done often, but I love it. I don't know if they've ever had the host do the cast member who was doing the host, though. I loved it.

Fallon and Timberlake impersonated each other in a sketch, but I'm not sure either were hosting at the time.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I've really been missing Kate these first few episodes. It feels like they've been overtaxing the poo poo out of Kenan to make up for it.

I also feel like there was a great opportunity for Rami to play Bond and Craig to play the villain and, well, they didn't take advantage of it.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Oct 17, 2021

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Overall verdict: not amazing but better then last week, had some good moments (Pete/Rami playing each other)

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Best one of the season so far.

Interestingly my version of SNL doesn’t have the Squid Game sketch mentioned above. When did it take place in the episode?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

The_Doctor posted:

Best one of the season so far.

Interestingly my version of SNL doesn’t have the Squid Game sketch mentioned above. When did it take place in the episode?

It came after the bug sketch.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Huh, mine goes from the bugs straight to the Prince sketch.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

The Nastier Nate posted:

i havent watched squid game yet so i dont appreciate these spoilers

Not much of a spoiler but never bet on the Jets op.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Cut for time sketch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UKX1PGvdqY

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Also cut for time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-N6ldD0H2k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOq0dzxouts

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I was watching a video on the top 10 worst SNL sketches of all time and #9 was the "clothes are holes" music video and that made me furious.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Gavok posted:

I was watching a video on the top 10 worst SNL sketches of all time and #9 was the "clothes are holes" music video and that made me furious.
I remember it being weirdly hated at the time, which is odd. At worst it's "another beck/kyle sketch" or "another SNL song"

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

These kids are funny

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Best episode of the last three seasons and all the cut for time sketches are amazing.

mincedgarlic
Jan 4, 2005

I've been blown up, take me to the hospital.

What's the O/U on a David S. Pumpkins appearance this weekend? Hanks has a new show on Apple TV coming out.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

mincedgarlic posted:

What's the O/U on a David S. Pumpkins appearance this weekend? Hanks has a new show on Apple TV coming out.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
In that game show sketch, I don't know how John Oliver was able to control himself with Adam Driver being there too.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

I’ll take the under

pwn
May 27, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2nvLiOVZCc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGusYqHSjVM

Tonight we wrap up the month with a spooky spectacle! It’s the Halloween show, a week early but it would be truly “dope” and “word” if they would commit to doing a spooky show. You have a Sarah Squirm, loving do something with her. And not to relegated to the cut for time graveyard either.

And fans are hype in the standby line

https://twitter.com/kllnrstn/status/1451936300710387712?s=21

So Dead Lasso is a no-brainer (Undead Lasso?), imo.

No Vintage tonight.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

So the questions in my mind are:
1. Ted Lasso skit live or a pre-tape?
2. Will Sudeikis play Ted or someone else for fun?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I just want a What Up With That sketch where the camera is focused on him in the background the whole time.

pwn
May 27, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

So the questions in my mind are:
1. Ted Lasso skit live or a pre-tape?
2. Will Sudeikis play Ted or someone else for fun?

Maybe in the monologue? Hard to tell right now.

What is surprising is that we may get a new installment of a long-dormant favourite. Hope Jason’s knees hold up.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Also this heartwarming tweet.

https://twitter.com/brandicarlile/status/1451933710379413506?s=21

First picture is from July 2018, when Carlile was on Late Night with Seth Meyers. She wandered over the SNL performance area (8G is, of course, adjacent to 8H) and got the shot.

Brandi Carlile on Instagram in 2018 posted:

On a recent trip to NYC when I was lucky enough to perform on @latenightseth
I wandered accidentally into the SNL studio looking for the bathroom! I saw the stage and it took my breath away... I don’t know why but I’ve always seen it as a definitive “ok now you’re a rockstar” moment in a persons musical life...I just HAD to grab a pic on the iconic Saturday Night Live stage. 🤘ONE DAY we’ll get there man! Dreams come true everyday. 💪🏼🇺🇸💥

She’ll be performing these tracks tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odZCQhibzGM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOpWqWK0q4U

pwn fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Oct 24, 2021

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Funnier than having Carrey be the 3rd Biden. Glad they let Sudeikis do this, and it didn’t go on for 10 minutes!

pwn
May 27, 2004

Shoulda flown in Kevin Nealon to be 1991 Anita Hill hearings Biden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Really wanna hear a Roy Kent ‘oi!’ from the audience now.